Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty graphs after restore, but CSV export shows data

Dear folks,

We have upgraded to a new system on Centroen 2.8.5 and restored the old database (from 2.3.3). It went through all the database upgrades, and everything is looking ok.

We configured a new poller, and used the broker wizard for "Central" to generate the 3 brokers.

There are some files in both /var/lib/centreon/status/ and /var/lib/centreon/metrics/; and we rebuilt the RRD database for the services from "Administration > Parameters > Data".

However, performance graphs don't seem to be generated (empty on the WebGUI; however data is returned from the CSV export).

In /var/log/centreon-broker/central-broker-master.log, the following is logged every 30 seconds:

error: acceptor: endpoint 'Central-broker-master-input' could not accept client: cannot listen on port 5669: The bound address is already in use

/var/log/centreon-broker/central-rrd-master.log shows the following:

Centreon Broker 3.0.3 log file opened
    [1489231644] [0x8e6a90] config: module applier: loading directory '/usr/share/centreon/lib/centreon-broker'
    [1489231644] [0x8e6a90] config: stats: invalid stats configuration, stats engine is NOT loaded
    [1489231944] [0x9710d0] error: RRD: could not remove file '/var/lib/centreon/metrics/112.rrd': No such file or directory
    [1489234757] [0x9710d0] error: RRD: could not remove file '/var/lib/centreon/metrics/107.rrd': No such file or directory

Where should I start troubleshooting this?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Can you check rights on files /var/lib/centreon/metrics/112.rrd and directory /var/lib/centreon/metrics/ ?

The group centreon must be have right to write.

And the apache user and centreon-broker user must be in the group centreon.

Regards

Comment

Hi mbersoult,

Ownership on all files in the metrics directory is centreon-broker : centreon-broker.
      These were generated automatically after deleted and rebuilt, and the timestamp keeps getting updated.
      I suppose the cbd rrd master is started as centreon-broker user; I am using the ISO and used the wizard to create the brokers.
      Also, new data gets displayed on the graphs; just the old one doesn't (except status graph; see below) Untitled.png
      Untitled.png

I have enabled more logging on the central-rrd-master.log file and it looks clean:
      [1489580112] [0x7fc6a400d230] info: file: opening new file '/var/lib/centreon-broker/Central-rrd-master.queue.RRD'
      [1489580112] [0x7fc6a400d230] info: file: end of file '/var/lib/centreon-broker/Central-rrd-master.queue.RRD4294967295' reached, erasing file
      [1489580112] [0x12b9a10] info: file: end of last file '/var/lib/centreon-broker/Central-rrd-master.queue.RRD' reached, closing and erasing file
      [1489580112] [0x7fc6a4003090] info: file: opening new file '/var/lib/centreon-broker/Central-rrd-master.queue.RRD'
      [1489580112] [0x7fc6a4003090] info: file: end of file '/var/lib/centreon-broker/Central-rrd-master.queue.RRD4294967295' reached, erasing file
      [1489580330] [0x7fc6a400d230] info: file: opening new file '/var/lib/centreon-broker/Central-rrd-master.queue.RRD1'
      [1489580430] [0x12b9a10] info: file: end of file '/var/lib/centreon-broker/Central-rrd-master.queue.RRD' reached, erasing file
      [1489580465] [0x12b9a10] info: file: end of last file '/var/lib/centreon-broker/Central-rrd-master.queue.RRD1' reached, closing and erasing file

Comment

Update: When dumping the RRD files, the <row> entries show "NaN". However, the export looks good. Could that be a reason?

<row><v>NaN</v></row>
        Last edited by namezero111111; 15th March 2017, 22:08.

Comment

Update: The upgrade seems to have nothing to to with it; the issue also happens when deleting the RRD files in the metrics folder and selecting "Rebuild RRD database".

The data_bin table is updated with data.

I have no idea where to continue debugging this from here. The rrd-master broker log debug gives no useful info either.

Comment

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Comment

Hi,

this is related to my follow up:

https://forum.centreon.com/forum/cen...to-rebuild-rrd

See the link to the github pull request:
              https://github.com/centreon/centreon-broker/pull/94

I committed a fix for this; it is a bug in cbd and should be fixed in 3.0.6.

If it's not available yet via yum update, compile from source with the patch applied; it works perfectly!

Comment

Working...
              X