Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to monitor traffic on Cisco switch

Hi

I made a new host for Cisco 3560 with a service called "traffic-if1" to monitor traffic on interface GigabitEthernet 0/1 and I used service template "Net-Cisco-Standard-Traffic-Generic-Name-SNMP",
    for INTERFACENAME I putted GigabitEthernet 0/1 and of course I have many snmp-traps enabled. But the service still in unknown status!

Is there specific snmp trap i have to enable on the Cisco switch? And whats the INTERFACENAME value I should enter?

Thanks.

Hi alsadk,

I am currently using
    In the monitoring panel, I got this kind of result [ Interface 'GigabitEthernet0/5' [ IMP_SEC02_SCL ] Status : up (admin: up), Traffic In : 178.13b/s (0.00%), Traffic Out : 1.70Kb/s (0.00%) ]
    For the service command part, I use this plugin : $CENTREONPLUGINS$/centreon_cisco_standard_snmp.pl --plugin=network::cisco:tandard:nmp:lugin --mode=interfaces
    I think that you can put a filter option like --interface='if1$' to print only interface if1 traffic.
    By the way ^XXX will print all the interfaces which name is XXXsomething and XXX$ will print all the interfaces with a name like ifSomethingXXX. So ^XXX$ will print only interface which name is XXX.

Regards,

Mathias

Comment

Working...
    X