• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saaya
    replied
    Hi there,

I have installed Centreon according to Setup

Everything was setup correctly but at the end I am getting this error..

[1266524346] Error: Could not load module '/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o' -> /tmp/nebmodwKj0g7: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted

Nagios-3.2.0
    centreon-2.1.4
    CentOS 5.4

[[email protected] ]# which ndomod.o
    /usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod.o

please help.. thank you

Leave a comment:

• tibby
    replied
    Originally posted by tibby View Post
    Hi!
    What was the solution for the problem?
    I'm getting the same error:
    Error: Could not load module '/usr/sbin/ndomod.o' -> /tmp/nebmodbUjgSh: undefined symbol: find_serviceextinfo

Thanks,
    Tibby
    I HAVE IT!

Wrong ndomod have been installed
    If anyone runs into this problem, make sure that:
    which ndomod.o points to the ndomod you have been copied from the /src folder during the installation.

Now my log shows:
    [1258716218] Event broker module '/usr/sbin/ndomod.o' initialized successfully.

Tibby

Leave a comment:

• tibby
    replied
    Originally posted by birger View Post
    Thanks! That certainly fixed one problem. I can now restart nagios.

I wonder if I have som kind of ndo problem. I see this in the event log:

Error: Could not load module '/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod-2x.o' -> /tmp/nebmodRhuk2W: undefined symbol: find_serviceextinfo

Perhaps that explains some of the other problems?
    Hi!
    What was the solution for the problem?
    I'm getting the same error:
    Error: Could not load module '/usr/sbin/ndomod.o' -> /tmp/nebmodbUjgSh: undefined symbol: find_serviceextinfo

Thanks,
    Tibby

Leave a comment:

• excapade
    replied
    Hi, I am quite new and I made a fresh install on my CentOS 5 server. After installing the whole Centreon and Nagios, I decided to restart the system to get a fresh start but then i get an error which says "Connection Failed, Please contact your administrator" which is displayed on the webpage. Hence i do not get any logon page. Please help because I am doing this as a project. Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• birger
    replied
    ndo2db startup

A simple startup/shutdown script for ndo2db. I had to add a .txt extension to upload it to this site.

You may want to review the variables at the start of the script. I hope the code to extract nagios version also works with Nagios 2.x.

Install it as /etc/init.d/ndo2db and run chkconfig ndo2db on to enable automatic start of ndo2db at boot.

Use the commands service ndo2db start and service ndo2db stop to start and stop ndo2db manually.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by birger; 13th June 2008, 13:15.

Leave a comment:

• birger
    replied
    Another prerequisite you may want to add to the installation page:

yum install perl-Net-SNMP. Without this package all snmp-based check commands will fail.
    Last edited by birger; 13th June 2008, 13:25.

Leave a comment:

• birger
    replied
    It should have been 3x, and somehow I seem to have made it switch now. After a reboot of the server the log file now gives me the expected message about connecting to the data sink from ndomod-3x.o.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfgang
    replied
    I'm not sure which Nagios version you're using so maybe "ndomod-2x.o" is correct for you (ndomod-2x.o = Nagios v2, ndomod-3x.o = Nagios v3).

Leave a comment:

• birger
    replied
    Originally posted by Damiao View Post
    To restart Nagio with Centreon on Fedora, you must comment a line like "#Defaults requiretty" in /etc/sudoers
    Thanks! That certainly fixed one problem. I can now restart nagios.

I wonder if I have som kind of ndo problem. I see this in the event log:

Error: Could not load module '/usr/local/nagios/bin/ndomod-2x.o' -> /tmp/nebmodRhuk2W: undefined symbol: find_serviceextinfo

Perhaps that explains some of the other problems?

Leave a comment:

• Dam17
    replied
    The documentation is updated, thank you for your feedback.
    There is the same documentation writen in English : http://en.doc.centreon.com/Setup
    To restart Nagio with Centreon on Fedora, you must comment a line like "#Defaults requiretty" in /etc/sudoers

Leave a comment:

• DonKiShoot
    replied
    Thanks for your feedback !

Leave a comment:

• birger
    started a topic Centreon 2 on Fedora

Centreon 2 on Fedora

First of all I want to apologize for not sitting down and doing a proper writeup. A jumbled mess is better than nothing, I hope. You may find the answer to your problem here somewhere.

I have just installed Centreon 2.0b3 on fedora 9, and I'll summarize the gotchas I can remember here.

I started with a clean server installation and tried to follow the instructions at http://fr.doc.centreon.com/Setup_Fed...edora-core8/fr

Since I don't read french (I do read a little bit spanish, so I am able to get some nuggets of information from french as well) I mostly ran the commands listed.

One problem I discovered when I tried to do anything using the web interface is that centreon is far from clean with regard to SElinux, so start by turning selinux off. Edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux and set SELINUX=permissive to turn it off at boot, and then either reboot or run setenforce Permissive to set it for the running instance. You may as well do this before starting the installation. Typically, selinux will stop apache from writing files into places like /etc/centreon no matter what the file permissions are. A permanent fix would be for centreon to install proper selinux configurations so /etc/centreon would be writable by httpd. I leave this as a task for 'someone else'

Prerequisites
    The web pages listed above are for Fedora 8. I installed on Fedora 9, but I still think there are 2 typos in the page about installation of prerequisites. The package listed as perl-crypt-DES is really called perl-Crypt-DES, and the package listed as gli2-devel should probably be glib2-devel.

After installing all prerequisites, start mysqld with the command service mysqld start and then set a password with the command mysqladmin password <password> where <password> should be substituted with the password you want. Later in the installation when the instructions say mysql -u someuser dosomething you add a -p after the username, and you will get prompted for the password. Also, make sure mysqld will start at boot with the command chkconfig mysqld on.

This would also be a good time to run chkconfig httpd on to make sure the apache web server starts automatically at boot.

Installing nagios
    After following the instructions to install nagios, you should probably run chkconfig nagios on to make sure nagios starts after a reboot.

Compiling
    Installing into /usr/local... may not be default Fedora behaviour, and if someone were to compile these for rpm packaging I would have taken the time to set all paths correctly for the fedora environment. For now I think it's best to go 'the beaten path' to make sure any problems I see are real problems and not my own stooopid mistakes.

Unsolved problems
    I'm certain the first one is easy. Centreon doesn't restart nagios. I have to open a command window and run service nagios restart after exporting config files from centreon.

The next one has me stumped right now. I have added one windows host in addition to the predefined centreon server itself. I can see nagios alarms in nagios.log, and I can see them when browsing the log inside centreon. I can get ping graphs for both of them, but the status view still says 0 in all fields. 0 hosts up and 0 hosts down, when I have ping graphs telling me both the defined hosts are up?
    Last edited by birger; 13th June 2008, 13:22.
Working...
X