Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jiggie914
    replied
    I also recommend FAN, its fast and easy, minimal settings needed and good to test stuff without breaking anything else. the version out usues nagios 3x and centreon 2.02 or something close to it.

Leave a comment:

• benp
    replied
    Hey there,

If you're allways looking for an appliance, I just finished one. Take look at www.applianceslinux.fr under monitoring section.

Web site and basic configuration of the appliance is currently in French, but the configuration steps are trivial to pass : keyboard mapping -> hostname -> network configuration -> time zone -> ready to use (user admin/linux on centreon and root/linux on shell or WebYaST).

it's a Centreon 2.1.6 on openSUSE 11.2 in two packages a vmware image or livecd.

Appliance will be monthly recreated to stay really up to date.

Regards

Benjamin

Leave a comment:

• xoroz
    replied
    another solution

I could try to share my skeleton image that I use for many different implementations.
    its a Debian 4 with Nagios 3.0.6 and Centreon 2.0.1 plus Wiki,MysQL etc....
    But for someone to true understand its good practice to hustle with the instalation if it is just for test I would recommend the FAN ( Fully Automated Nagios) solution. I tested, although its not updated it seems a alright out of the box solution.
    check it out:
    http://fannagioscd.sourceforge.net/drupal/?q=node/11

Leave a comment:

• somehuman
    replied
    Does a Centreon2 english VMWare appliance exist?

Could anyone upload a working VMWare appliance somewhere?

A working appliance based on v2 in english would really make this application available to many more users. The install dependencies make setup from scratch very difficult for most people who want to evaluate this solution.

Thanks in advance,
    SomeHuman
    Last edited by somehuman; 9 March 2009, 16:18.

Leave a comment:

• fizze
    replied
    I've finally figured it out.
    The ndo broker option -1 was missing. (broker everything)

It showed up in centreon's nagios config though. I had to add it to the nagios.scf manually.

Leave a comment:

• naparuba
    replied
    You can try FAN.

Leave a comment:

• RaWaReZ
    replied
    i have working Centreon 2.0 in VMware Server without problems, after edit ndomod.cfg or ndo2db.cfg u must restart NDO module.

I am working with TCP Socket on ndomod and ndo2db.

ndo2db.cfg
    socket_type=tcp
    tcp_port=5668

ndomod.cfg
    output_type=tcpsocket
    output=127.0.0.1
    tcp_port=5668

Leave a comment:

• fizze
    replied
    I still haven't gotten this to work.
    I think its a ndomod/nagios config issue though, as the ndo database just doesn't get populated.

Have you made any progress?

Leave a comment:

• Spyro2007
    replied
    i prefer the German Language

thanks for the Howto!
    i will use the Translator from google to translate it, maybe it can resolve my problems.

Leave a comment:

• drex
    replied
    which language u prefer?
    this is really basis setting. i know about 1 manual, but in Czech language >]

http://www.abclinuxu.cz/clanky/site/...omoci-centreon

Leave a comment:

• Spyro2007
    replied
    i tried to export the files. Now i got some errors like "Warning Host 'ESX1' has no services associated with it!" but when i look in to the Service Menu Register, i can see that some Services associated with the Host "ESX1".

My configured Hosts doesn't showed up under the Tactical Overwiew or in the Other Sites.

Sorry for my bad English and the stupid Questions but i think Centreon much more comfortable than the Original Nagios. I want to use Centreon for every Nagios Installation.

Leave a comment:

• drex
    replied
    centreon is only better web interface for nagios. every changes u must export into nagios. send me some screenshots..

Leave a comment:

• Spyro2007
    replied
    ok, i will try this out, but i don't think thats the problem

fizze in Post #10 http://forum.centreon.com/showthread.php?t=6292 have the same problem?!?

Leave a comment:

• drex
    replied
    hi,
    after every changes u must choose this:

Configuration-Nagios-(Check)Move export files AND Restart nagios - click on export

I use same solution. 3 VMware ESX servers.

Leave a comment:

• Spyro2007
    replied
    the same problem (ESX Server or VirtualBox)

Hi all,

i have the same problem with ESX Server and VirtualBox. I used the Documentation from the Centreon Wiki. I don't think that the Virtualisation or the Installation are the problem. I use the newest RC8 on debian 4.
    When i add a new Host to Centreon, i can't see the Host in the Monitoring Page or in the Status OK, Down....

Does anybody have an Idea?

Greetz
    Spyro2007

Leave a comment:

Working...
X