This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WIKI !

We are looking to create a new wiki only in english for creating documentations. This wiki will be available in One week I think..

Somebody want to have write access to help us ? You will able to create your own documentation, etc etc...

If you're interrested by this, contact me at [email protected]..

Thanks in advance !
    Julien Mathis
    Centreon Project Leader
    www.merethis.com |

Haha, nice one Julio, you beat me.
    I was about to write a message today suggesting replacing the Wiki or adding a seperate english version. :-)

I'm certainly interested in helping out (I will email you as well).

I'm curious to know will it be using the same wiki software as the existing one? Or are you looking at other software options? Have you considered using some Joomla-based wiki component to make it part of the website?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing this :-) Hopefully within one week I will have a rather large document to put on there, plus I am doing some "demonstration" flash videos of how to install and configure Oreon. If anyone is interested, I am using 'CamStudio' (http://www.camstudio.org/), it is free and provides a neat way to produce how-to movies with text annotations, audio overlay, etc. It is a very fast way to produce some documentation, and the best part: anyone can watch it and see how to do things no matter what language they speak!! :-)

Regards,
    Daniel.
    Production: Nagios 2.5,Oreon 1.3.1,Perfparse 0.106.1
    Testing: Whatever I set up this week :wink:
    EVERYONE: irc.freenode.net channel #oreon!!! :-)

Comment

ohh coool !!!

Great !

No I think we have to find another wiki. Oreon's wiki is horrible and deprecated...

Contact me and we may work together on this wiki....

Best regards,
      Julien Mathis
      Centreon Project Leader
      www.merethis.com |

Comment

Personally I would recommend DokuWiki or MediaWiki, these have the advantage of having integration components available for Joomla

A lot of people believe MediaWiki to be one of the best wiki software packages around, although personally I believe it depends what you require. Also the integration between Joomla and DokuWiki is superior (eg: less buggy) to MediaWiki's.

Of course this assumes you want to try to bring together the seperate parts of the "Oreon Community" so that people don't have to have four or five different accounts (FlySpray, Joomla, Forums, Wiki,...). Anyway, thats a WHOLE different topic and is dependant on someone having the time to do it :lol:

I'm available on the IRC channel or via MSN as well as email, if you want to discuss things offline :-)

Cheers,
        Dan.

Comment

we are changing oreon-project serveur. We will work as soon as possible on the new wiki but we have to wait
          Julien Mathis
          Centreon Project Leader
          www.merethis.com |

Comment

No problem :-)

Well, my latest update on Wiki software is I have been using TikiWiki at http://danielsloan.org/ - I think it is really very nice. It seems to handle multiple languages very very well. Anyway, I guess that only complicates things, to add another software name to the suggestions hehe. I am happy with whatever software you choose, I look forward to being able to add my notes and documentation to the new wiki!

Comment

Thanks!

Damn, thanks guys. I will absolutely be keeping an eye on this project. In the meantime I am using something else, until docs are enough and good enough to easily follow.

I cannot wait to move to Oreon again :-)

Van.

Comment

are this new wiki created?

the only wiki that i know is http://wiki.centreon.com/

and i think that this wiki is poor... I feel shortage documantations about snmp and how to use snmp to create monitoring, how to generate graphs with Centreon data storage (Disk, network, process, memmory, etc), Insert a new Service/Host/Host Group/Command/ at Centreon, How to notify by mail and by cel, fixing knowledge problems, etc.

I think that all this that i put here are simple for advanced users and users that migrate from nagios. But for new users its difficult to understand.

Comment

Yes but It's open.... Everu body can write

I'm sorry.
                  Julien Mathis
                  Centreon Project Leader
                  www.merethis.com |

Comment

julio, the wiki is open, but i think that the posts in wiki are poor.
                    why we don't make an "upgrade" at wiki documentations?
                    i have a poor knowledement, but i can help with my little knowledgement.
                    But to make it a greate wiki, with good documentations, we need help from expert users.

Comment

Working...
                    X