Post-install Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-install Instructions

I am new to PHP Weathermap. I created a map and added hosts/links to it and turned on SNMP on my switch, but my map stays at 0%. The service I have selected is "Ping" - should I instead add a check_centreon_snmp service? If so, which one and what hosts should the service be added to - just the switch or also the servers?

Work only with check_centreon_snmp_traffic & ods
    Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
    Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
    Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

Thank you. When testing at the command line, I receive:
      Code:
      ERROR: Interface Status Request : Received noSuchName(2) error-status at error-index 1
      I assume this has to do with the interface number argument, -i. Is this my local interface, or an interface on the SNMP-enabled switch?

Comment

I was able to get by this by specifying interface 1. A command line test runs fine now, responds with the right traffic in/out numbers.

However, my SNMP service check in Centreon has went into Unknown status:
        Code:
        Unknown - /tmp/oreon_traffic_if1_192.168.1.1 !
        How do I fix this?

Update: I have a feeling this is because I ran it by command line as root first, generating this tmp file as root, which then could not be used by the nagios user. I changed permissions and will let you know.
        Last edited by SeanFromIT; 25 October 2007, 21:40. Reason: update

Comment

Okay, so the check is working, I got Centreon' Views to graph it, but PHP Weathermap is still showing 0%. I set the link to show the SNMP Traffic check. Is there something else that I'm missing? Why would it stay at 0% when ODS has data on the check?

Comment

php.ini configuration

For your information ....

I could create map but never generate it ... be sure to have in your php.ini file :

register_argc_argv = On

Or it does not work ...

Comment

I can confirm that register_argc_argv = On. I can also see the data being graphed in Centreon' Views (traffic_in, traffic_out) perfectly. I am using the check_centreon_traffic check (which points to check_centreon_snmp_traffic). Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing to get this to show up in the PHP Weathermap module?

Comment

I finally got it to work today. Here is the solution:

1) Match up the interfaces/ports. "0" is probably not the right interface index ;-)
                2) Fix your check_centreon_traffic to look at that interface index on each host.

Comment

Working...
                X