Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagios Extended Status Map

Hi,

I'am developing at the moment the Extended Status Map feature which NEXSM (http://nexsm.sourceforge.net) provides.
    This would be a module installable within Oreon to enable you a great Statusmap:

- You can drag and drop your hosts everywhere you want!
    - nice views
    - full support of host icons
    - problem hosts are marked red(problem/down),green(OK),blue(Problem/down but ACKed)
    - mark areas with colors
    - write text into a map
    - you can save as many different maps as you like to!!! The views, zoom and coordinates are saved also of course
    - Zoom in and out
    - and many more...

It is a Java applet so you need Java for this.

You can take a look at some screenshots here: http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Fronte...91;p_view]=625
    or see the attached file (installed in Oreon)

Now I want to know if there is any interest for this.
    If some one is interested in this module please reply to this post and let me know.
    I have to speak with the developer of NEXSM and some other people because of Licensing of this but I will try it if there are enough interest..

Kind regards
    Jogarem

EDIT (2008-03-14):
    I'm currently working on an integration in centreon

EDIT (2008-10-23):
    The coding of NEXSM for 1.x has stopped a while ago (wistof and me don't had enough time to come over the beta state). The current available version
    of NEXSM working well but with some smaller hints.
    Nevertheless now the time comes for Centreon v2 and we will try to integrate NEXSM as a module there
    We will then release the first betas here and if you like you are invited to test it and give feedback.
    So stay tuned :rolleyes:

Attached Files
    Last edited by Jogarem; 23 October 2008, 18:52. Reason: Added new URL for better Screenshots!
    isyVmon 2.4 including Centreon 2.2, we are currently searching for BETA testers ;o)
    isyVmon 2.2 including Centreon 2.1.13, Smartphone APP, Splunk integration, Windows Monitoring and many more

see http://www.isyVmon.com for more details in our FREEWARE Centreon appliance!

(isyVmon is a product of Nagios & Centreon enthusiasts started in 2007 and is the very first ready-to-run appliance based on Centreon including Enterprise support and Enterprise features)

If it offers possibility to put host where we want on a map, it is a very good alternative to coord supply of status map.
    Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
    Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
    Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

yes you can simply drag & drop your hosts within the map.. No need of typing in coords or something
      isyVmon 2.4 including Centreon 2.2, we are currently searching for BETA testers ;o)
      isyVmon 2.2 including Centreon 2.1.13, Smartphone APP, Splunk integration, Windows Monitoring and many more

(isyVmon is a product of Nagios & Centreon enthusiasts started in 2007 and is the very first ready-to-run appliance based on Centreon including Enterprise support and Enterprise features)

Comment

Yeah ! a new module developer

Do you need some beta testers ?
        StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
        Dons Paypal

Comment

Need coders

When you want to help integrating this module into Centreon v2 please write me a PM!

Thanks in advance
          Jogi

Comment

Hi Jogarem,

i've started NEXSM integration on centreon 2.1.6.
            I use NEXSM 1.4.

Let's me know if you want continue the integration with me.
            Attached Files
            StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
            Dons Paypal

Comment

isyVmon rulez

Originally posted by wistof View Post
              Hi Jogarem,

i've started NEXSM integration on centreon 2.1.6.
              I use NEXSM 1.4.

Let's me know if you want continue the integration with me.
              Hello Wistof,

thanks for your help but I have started to integrate a really enhanced full featured NEXSM applet version together with the maintainer of NEXSM (Sergio Guzman) a while ago.
              The result of this is a commercial version of NEXSM released exclusively for us: v1.5. This version has many cool functions which made the integration into centreon much easier
              and more powerful. Sergio will make the 1.5 public in a few months for everyone so every user can have all the features my company paid for.

Because the integration of missing features like showing hostgroups in the map etc have costs money my company offers this special version of NEXSM which is integrated
              and supported since Centreon 2.0 for a small fee (offer only valid together with an 'isyVmon' appliance).

If you or someone else is interested in a complete solution for Centreon and NEXSM and many other advantages please take a look at our product website for our product called 'isyVmon':

http://www.isyvmon.net/loesungen/it-...oring/isyvmon/
              (sorry atm german only but english version coming soon.. Use: http://translate.google.com/translat...g%2Fisyvmon%2F in the meanwhile)

short description of our company as a Centreon Partner: http://www.centreon.com/Details/iT-CUBE.html?Itemid=0

Why isyVmon? Because I hate to do all the things ever and ever again so my idea was to create a defined environment which has all the components for monitoring ready to run on board.
              This environment had to act as a template for every single new installation I have to made.
              The result is called isyVmon and is a virtual appliance which can be imported and used in every virtual hypervisor from VMware like ESX, ESXi, VMware Server etc. (but it also
              runs (unsupported) in every other Hypervisor which can handle the OVF format).
              isyVmon has the advantage that every customer can profite from the other because we offer Support and a complete update system for all components...

ok ok, enough of advertisement but I really like isyVmon because it makes things so much easier.. :rolleyes:

So I'm sorry to tell you that I can't develop on a free version atm but we have plans to give away our isyVmon product free of charge for home users in a while...!

If you want to know more don't hesitate to contact me by PM..!

Regards
              Thomas aka Jogarem

Comment

Hi Wistof,
                Are you still working on this module for Centreon, or have you got a working version?
                The Nexsm 1.5 version is not released publicaly yet by Sergio Guzman.
                Best regards,
                Roderick
                Centos 6.2 - Nagios 3.4.1 - Centreon 2.3.8 - NDO 1.5.2 - Centreon Syslog 1.4.1 - nagios status map - www.r71.nl www.360viewpoint.nl
                StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module

Comment

Hi, i've stopped the developpement on this module. I'm waiting for the 1.5 NEXSM release.
                  Dons Paypal

Comment

Ok, thnx for replying.
                    Just installed NEXSM in Nagios and it is partly working, not satisfied yet cause I seem to have troubles to save a changed view. And I don' t seem to have a comments.dat file in Nagios. Sounds familiar?

You got an idea if I can make some kind of redirection to this NEXSM webpage from Centreon, like the status map integration? You know howto to do this?

Tried to install this module in Centreon 2.1.9, did not work:
                    http://svn.centreon.com/trunk/module...modules/nexsm/
                    I'm not a developer and I get stuck in these situations.

Roderick
                    Last edited by mrcoffee; 16 November 2010, 14:13.
                    Centos 6.2 - Nagios 3.4.1 - Centreon 2.3.8 - NDO 1.5.2 - Centreon Syslog 1.4.1 - nagios status map - www.r71.nl www.360viewpoint.nl

Comment

Hi,

I only want to tell everyone that isyVmon v2.0 - Freeware Edition has been released as promised:

http://www.isyvmon.com/home.html

Unfortunately the modified NEXSM version for Centreon we use in isyVmon is only available in the Enterprise Edition :confused:

For everyone who is interested in a ready-to-run "Centreon Appliance" should take a look into isyVmon. A (really) free registration (http://www.isyvmon.com/register.html) is needed and you can download the Freeware Edition of isyVmon. :rolleyes:

The Freeware Edition can monitor only a limited count of hosts but gives you a good startup of using Centreon and Nagios. In the isyVmon User-Portal is a complete documentation, a knowledgebase, FAQ and Forum, too which should help you for the first steps with isyVmon.

Have fun :cool:

Regards
                      Jogi

Comment

Hi,

good news for everyone who is interested in using an enhanced version of NEXSM: For our upcoming release of isyVmon (v2.4) we want to integrate a FREE version of NEXSM which includes many bugfixes and enhancements in NEXSM (this version of NEXSM can be used with isyVmon only and is not available as standalone software package)!

Besides that we are also searching for BETA testers of our new isyVmon version so if you are interested in participating (test all of the new isyVmon features including NEXSM and you can win an isyVmon Standalone Enterprise Edition including maintenance for 1 year and unlimited use) go to the isyVmon homepage and register: www.isyVmon.com

Regards
                        Jogi

Comment

Sounds nice, the free module. So isyvmon is cheaper now? And why is it not available as stand alone software? People can not use it in their own Centreon installation?
                          Best regards,
                          Roderick

Comment

Hi Roderick,

Well isyVmon itself is also available as a freeware edition without any costs.
                            You're limited to 10 hosts atm but we also have low budget appliances for up to 50 hosts.

Our Extended Status Map is based on an enhanced NEXSM v1.5(current ESM)/v1.6(next ESM) version (e.g. blinking of hosts when there is a problem) and which is well integrated in Centreon. To get the best of both there are many work done by Sergio and us and that means money, of course. We are working together with Sergio (the creator of NEXSM) and give back the source code (of NEXSM) to the community but atm the new features are available exclusively in isyVmon.

We want to integrate our ESM for the next version but the map can then be used in isyVmon only.

Hope that answers your questions?

Best regards
                            Thomas

Comment

Working...
                            X