Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Host dissapear from server if poller down

Hi all.

I have a question, because I don't know if it is a normal behavior or a problem.

The question is the same as the referred in the topic. I'm configuring a Centreon Server with remote pollers, the problem is that when I poweroff a remote poller, all of its dependant hosts also dissapear from the dashboards of the central server so I lose visibility of all monitorized hosts.

Could I change that behavior? the perfect could be that if a poller goes down, the hosts remains in the central server display in critical, unknown of pendant status.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Juanma.

Hello,
    This is a normal behavior I think, when the poller goes down or is disabled, on my system, monitored host and servics are set to "unknown" state.

I this is by design, because communication flow is

HOST ---> poller ---> central poller. So if poller is offline communication cannot be done betwenn host and central poller.

Comment

Hi!!

Thanks for your response. It has sense. In any case, the Central poller could have the states of the host and services while the remote poller restart it's centreon engine... could it?

Regards,
      Juanma.

Comment

Hi all again.

After reading again the post I realize that I didn't explain correctly my problem.

The expected behavior is:

1.- poller goes down
        2.- centreon server set all services and hosts that depends on that poller in unknown status, depending on freshness configuration, retrys, etc.
        3.- a technician check the reasons and try to recover the remote poller

My actual behavior:

1.- poller goes down
        2.- all hosts and services that are being monitored from that poller, dissapear from the web interface
        3.- the technician don't realize that there is a big problem in the system because he can't see those hosts and services

I have created some sensors to monitorize remote pollers, but I think that the actual behavior has no sense

Any comments?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
        Juanma.

Comment

Working...
        X