Announcement

Collapse

New forum rules

The forum get new posts rules.

A new user will be moderate for new post. After five valid posts, the user will be to have right to post without moderation.

If you have some issue to post or to connect, contact us.
See more
See less

Reporting and timezone => No data if the user is ahead of the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting and timezone => No data if the user is ahead of the server

Hi;

I got the following issue:
    - The dashboard builder runs everyday at 06:00am (default Cron setting)
    - The servers and the multiple pollers are all set to GMT regardless of their real timezone
    - the user trying to access the reporting us also set to GMT in centreon settings but is really working at GMT+11 (Australia)

As a result, the reporting is consistent until 11am GMT+11 every day (12am GMT) and the displays no data until the dashboard builder has run (6 hours later). On the next day It's displayed as expected.
    I am considering changing the cron to tun at 00:01am GMT (ans shortening the window during which the reporting is blank) but when I changed the timezones on the poller I ended up with availability ratings over 100% (as the data was integrated twice).

I need some guidance regarding the best practice when your pollers and central are in different timezones. In Australia we are ahead of GMT by almost half a day so that might not be the best choice. Any documentation on that?

How can I "clean" the dashboard on the day I changed the timezone (dual sets of values resulting in some weird negative percentages)?

Regards;
    Jeremie

PS: vous pouvez aussi me repondre en francais.
    Last edited by sanmoi; 1 week ago.
Working...
X