Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oreon Newbie..

Dear Friends,

I have been using Nagios for some time now and have been searching for a long time to find something like Orean, in fact, I am still trying to believe my luck, its late and I am worried that I am dreaming..

I cannot wait for nagios 2 support so I can try it out, i have only one question:

i see from the roadmap that 1.4-RC1 would include Distributed Nagios server management, does this mean I would be unable to monitor my distributed environment until then?

What I would like to do for now is the following (until 1.4rc1 is available):

I have about 10 distributed servers reporting to my central server at headoffice, I would like to install Oreon only on the central server and take advantage of the great interface, graph/charts and other UI features..

would this be possible with 1.3 ?

thanks for you patience, i really hope to help grow this community in any ay i can.

thanks

g
    Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering..

Re: Oreon Newbie..

Originally posted by g00s3m4n
    Dear Friends,

I have been using Nagios for some time now and have been searching for a long time to find something like Orean, in fact, I am still trying to believe my luck, its late and I am worried that I am dreaming..

I cannot wait for nagios 2 support so I can try it out, i have only one question:

i see from the roadmap that 1.4-RC1 would include Distributed Nagios server management, does this mean I would be unable to monitor my distributed environment until then?
    No. Oreon distributed management goals is to generate configuration to distant Nagios server from only one frontend. By now you can have an Oreon frontend on each server and manage his own conf (with passive check on a master nagios server). So it is possible, but not optimize yet.

Be sure that we'll develop it as soon as we can. We worked for 4 months on a more powerful base core for Oreon and we can reach Oreon distributed management in a few time in my opinion.

Originally posted by g00s3m4n
    What I would like to do for now is the following (until 1.4rc1 is available):

I have about 10 distributed servers reporting to my central server at headoffice, I would like to install Oreon only on the central server and take advantage of the great interface, graph/charts and other UI features..

would this be possible with 1.3 ?
    Yes, if information are well bring up to Oreon central server and perfparse runnning, you'll have no problem. But it'll be the 1.3 RC1, it'll be a pleasure to have your feedback :roll:
    Romain Le Merlus
    Centreon Forge
    MERETHIS

Comment

excellent, thanks for your reply and advice..

best of luck with your dev, i'll be eagerly awaiting the release..

g
      Fear is the path of the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering..

Comment

Working...
      X