perfdata and service-perfdata are both over 25 GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perfdata and service-perfdata are both over 25 GB

We are running Centreon 2.3.7 on Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) and the server is running out of disk space. We are looking to free up some space and saw these two files which are both over 25 GB in size:
    /usr/local/centreon-engine/perfdata
    /usr/local/centreon-engine/var/service-perfdata

I would like to know how we can decrease the size of these files or if we can log rotate them. I tried renaming service-perfdata but Centreon still wrote to that file (I didn't restart anything though).

I am only slightly familiar with these files and I have been reading and searching the forum but I am still confused. From what I can gather, both files are used to store performance data which is used to graph the check output.

I read from a post that perfdata is not needed if RRD is being used but I don't think we're using RRD since I don't see cbd-rrd as a running process. Also, I'm not sure we're using Centreon Broker since I also don't see cbd process running. But on the Centreon Configuration->Centreon->Centreon-Broker->Configuration->Central-Module->Status is set to Enabled so I'm not sure if we're using Centreon Broker or not.

Is our solution to use RRD for graphing performance data so the size will remain constant? If so, how do I do it? Can I import the data we've already gathered in perfdata and service-perfdata? If you can direct me to step-by-step instructions for doing this, I'd appreciate it.

Or if there's another solution, I'd be happy to hear it. Bottom line is, we just need to make sure we don't run out of disk space on our Centreon server.
Working...
X