Howto update ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howto update ?

In the past few days i did a lot of manual work to update my Nagios data in Oreon and i do not really want to lose this... if possible

Is it possible to give more details on how to upgrade from 1.3RC2-2 to 1.3RC3 ?

In the INSTALL file it says for upgrade launch ./upgrade.sh but i can not find this file.

In the UPGRADE file it says to update the old files with the new ones... but how to do this in a correct way so as not to destroy the DB or anything else. Simply copy them manually to the Oreon directory or install them with ./install.sh?

How does the DB get it's updates of tables and fields?

greetings

The DB will be update at the first login after the update. You just have to follow the wizard...

it's ok for you ?
    Julien Mathis
    Centreon Project Leader
    www.merethis.com |

Comment

So it means i can simply issue the command :/install.sh with default settings, finish the installation and go to the

http://localhost/oreon/ and follow the instructions?

You see, ...i tried to do this with the previous versions of Oreon (not yet with 1.3RC3) but i could never update the DB in the webgui. I always received an error after selecting the *.sql file... Previously i could only use/install the new version after i deleted everything and started from scratch...

Comment

Hi morgentau!

I'm going to supose you want to upgrade from 1.3-RC2-1 to 1.3-RC3-1. It's even simplier than what you want to do. Make a backup copy of all files under /usr/local/oreon/www , and then erase them. Copy all files under www in the tar.gz you downloaded to /usr/local/oreon/www. Then you only need to login to Oreon through web, and that's it, DB Update from web.

If you find any problems let me know, it went fine and smooth for me.

Later!
        [Linux 2.4.20-28.7 - RedHat 7.2]
        [Linux 2.6.16.21-0.25 - OpenSuSE 10.1]
        [Apache 1.3.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
        [Apache 2.2.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
        [Nagios 1.4.1+Nagmin -Production-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -PreProduction-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -Testing-]

Comment

Ooops, I forgot to tell you must copy your oreon.conf.php file to the new www path. And that's it. I think now I'm not forgetting anything else
          [Linux 2.4.20-28.7 - RedHat 7.2]
          [Linux 2.6.16.21-0.25 - OpenSuSE 10.1]
          [Apache 1.3.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
          [Apache 2.2.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
          [Nagios 1.4.1+Nagmin -Production-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -PreProduction-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -Testing-]

Comment

Hi !

thank's for your help. I could manage to upgrade and it works now with the latest Nagios-Oreon versions... i mean the setup... Nagios still needs a bit of tweaking.

Comment

Just an addition

Here's what I had to do to upgrade from RC2-2 to RC3-1:

$ tar zxvf oreon-1.3-RC3-1.tar.gz
              (Ignore the UPGRADE/INSTALL files)
              $ cd oreon-1.3-RC3-1/www
              $ cp -r * /usr/local/oreon/www
              $ chmod -R 775 /usr/local/oreon/www
              (or other permissions if you're more strict than I am ;-))
              $ chown -R daemon.daemon /usr/local/oreon/www
              (or other user/group if you use that)
              browse to http://<server>/oreon/ and choose db-script UpdateDB-1.3-RC3.sql and UpdateDB-1.3-RC3-1.sql to convert the database.

Regards
              Menno

Comment

Working...
              X