Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding metaservices in 1.3.1-1 and bugs

Hi

First i woudl like to thank the dev tema for 1.3.1-1. Been using it for a while now and it seems pretty stable and consistant. Especially like the new ACL feature.

I have one question i cant seem to figure out. What are the new metaservices thing? I havent seen it explained anywhere and i dont undersand what you can use it for?

I also have some small bigfixes/comments.

1: When using the ACL feature to block acces to content for some users, it would be ALOT easier if none admin users per default only had access to monitoring and graphing stuff, so you had to allow them access to the rest of the interface. As it is now everytime u make a new normal user, you have to remove all the checkmarks which is a pain hehe. So it would be more meaningfull to be more strict which is the normal thing regarding ACL behavior. I mean like the default rule "disallow everything" and you then open up for what u want to be allowed.

2: Maybe its me but i dont seem to be able to duplicate anything anymore? Neither hosts services or contacts? When u mark a host and then click the duplicate icon nothing happens?

3: I have only recently started looking at the new "ID Cards" feature. It looks potentially pretty cool. I am wondering though, it seems equibment and servers are probed using snmp. But where can u specify what user/password to use?

I hope you can guys answer some of my questions

Thanks again for a great product!

My only wish was that it would be more irc friendly so us users could report bugs and sugest features more easily

So far ive only seen a couple of other ppl use oreon on the freenode #nagios channel

1: When using the ACL feature to block acces to content for some users, it would be ALOT easier if none admin users per default only had access to monitoring and graphing stuff, so you had to allow them access to the rest of the interface. As it is now everytime u make a new normal user, you have to remove all the checkmarks which is a pain hehe. So it would be more meaningfull to be more strict which is the normal thing regarding ACL behavior. I mean like the default rule "disallow everything" and you then open up for what u want to be allowed.
    oh yes, we will see that... the best thing is a ACL template

2: Maybe its me but i dont seem to be able to duplicate anything anymore? Neither hosts services or contacts? When u mark a host and then click the duplicate icon nothing happens?
    You may use IE <7.... no ?

3: I have only recently started looking at the new "ID Cards" feature. It looks potentially pretty cool. I am wondering though, it seems equibment and servers are probed using snmp. But where can u specify what user/password to use?
    We are not compatible with SNMP v3

My only wish was that it would be more irc friendly so us users could report bugs and sugest features more easily Smile
    Yes we try to do that
    Julien Mathis
    Centreon Project Leader
    www.merethis.com |

Comment

You forgot the point about meta services

What are they?

Comment

Yes, what is that meta stuff? Have some meta_* files on /etc/nagios, what are those?

Comment

GOOGLE TRADUCTION, hope that help :

Meta services are services generated which allow you to make calculations on data gone up in perfparse… kind an average, a sum, to go up the min or the max of a list of metrics re-installed by services of nagios… it give you ability for example to know the total number of connections on your waiters metaframe or same tone firewall… on all that needs calculations…

No documentation for the moment
          Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
          Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
          Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

Working...
          X