Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recurring scheduled downtimes?

Hey folks,

been into nagios for two days already I found oreon and fell in love with it .
    best feature was that I could reimport my previous nagios config which worked in most parts.

what I'm missing (which wasn't in nagios either) is the possibility of recurring scheduled downtimes.
    e.g. I have a host which restarts its service each day at around 10 a.m. but I don't want to get notifications about that time over and over again.
    For nagios there are a couple of plugins which should allow this with adding a scheduled downtime through external commands each day.

Anything like this planned for Oreon or is there a way I can do this currently already?

Thanks,

thomas

Hi Thomas,

I think is not possible for now to schedule a recurrent downtime for different days. The only way I could manage to avoid that kind of alerts is rechecking more than once the service. I asume the service would not be down for more than 3 minutes after restarting it, so if a second check reveals that the service is down, the alert is correct for me then.

Anyway, your requirement is quite good. Open a ticket in http://bugs.oreon-project.org/

Later.
    [Linux 2.4.20-28.7 - RedHat 7.2]
    [Linux 2.6.16.21-0.25 - OpenSuSE 10.1]
    [Apache 1.3.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
    [Apache 2.2.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
    [Nagios 1.4.1+Nagmin -Production-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -PreProduction-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -Testing-]

Comment

Working...
    X