X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Perfparse

Hi,

I have some Questions about Perfparse and ODS:

Is Perfparse completely removed from centron? Or is it still possible to graph perfparse data?

Is it possible to store the ODS Database (MySQL) on a different Server then the Oreon Database?

I ask the questions because we have Oreon 1.4 with Perfparse and Nagios 2.9. The Perfparse Database is on a different Server, and we don't want to migrate to ODS, because we need good! historical data, and it is nice that we can graph that directly in Oreon! And that is not possible with ODS.
    The other reason why we don't want to migrate is that we have over 150 million entries in the perparse_service_bin table.

RRD is nice but it doesn't help if you need historical data. And I don't want to write a gui to read ODS Database Entries.

If perfparse is really completely removed, isn't it possible to create a plugin for centreon to make it available again.

The second question I asked, because if all that is not possible, then maybe we will sadly go the way to use ODS. But still we want the Performance Database on a different Server then nagios+centreon for performance reasons.

Thank you

OpenSuse 10.1
    Nagios 2.9 | Oreon 1.4 | Perfparse 0.106.1

Can nobody tell me?

For me the questions are really important, because historical data is Important for my company!

I had another thought: Do you maybe plan to use the ODS Data in the Database in the Same way you did use the perfparse Data up till now? So, that you can display historical graphs in centreon with ODS Data instead of perfparse Data?

OpenSuse 10.1

Comment

Originally posted by blablup View Post
      Hi,

I have some Questions about Perfparse and ODS:
      OK I will try to answer you..

Is Perfparse completely removed from centron? Or is it still possible to graph perfparse data?
      Yes we thing perfparse is extremly fat, to hard to installed... not userfriendly.. So we have developped ODS... very simple to installed and a third only of the size of perfparse...

Is it possible to store the ODS Database (MySQL) on a different Server then the Oreon Database?
      For the moment on the same Mysql server of centreon but it's very simple to adapte ODS for that... I can help you... no problem..

I ask the questions because we have Oreon 1.4 with Perfparse and Nagios 2.9. The Perfparse Database is on a different Server, and we don't want to migrate to ODS, because we need good! historical data, and it is nice that we can graph that directly in Oreon! And that is not possible with ODS.
      The other reason why we don't want to migrate is that we have over 150 million entries in the perparse_service_bin table.

RRD is nice but it doesn't help if you need historical data. And I don't want to write a gui to read ODS Database Entries.

If perfparse is really completely removed, isn't it possible to create a plugin for centreon to make it available again.
      Arf... perfdata can be generated for perfparse... ODS use perfdata.. like perfparse... You can use perfparse if you want bug we never do something for viewing data from perfparse... expect if you pay us Merethis is comprehensible on this level...

The second question I asked, because if all that is not possible, then maybe we will sadly go the way to use ODS. But still we want the Performance Database on a different Server then nagios+centreon for performance reasons.
      I can help you for that don't worry... it's very easy
      Julien Mathis
      Centreon Project Leader
      www.merethis.com |

Comment

Thank you.

The answers helped.

I think even with me knowledge I can make it to put the ODS Database on a different Server, it is a long time ago that I coded php but I did a little bit some years ago.

So we will see what we will do, it is not only my decision.

OpenSuse 10.1

Comment

Working...
        X