hosts with serveral ethernet card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hosts with serveral ethernet card

I have a problem with my Nagios configuration. I have all computers with two or more ethernet cards with different IPs number.
    Well, I have monitors for each computer but I need to duplicate monitor number because I have more that one IP number.
    Then, I need to know if there is any solution for this problem. I need use one monitor for one computer but this has two networks.
    Anybody have a idea about this?
    Thank you

Well I don't see any real problem with multi-homed hosts. You may choose one of your IP addresses as the "main" address (management interface for instance) to define your host in Nagios/Oreon, then you can add as much monitor services as you want for all your interfaces.
    Système : Debian Etch 4.0r8 / Apache 2.2.3 / PHP 5.2.0 / MySQL 5.0.32
    Monitoring : Nagios 2.12 / Plugins 1.4.13 / Centreon 1.4.2.7

Comment

ok, but my problem is which if my host is dead is his principal network, I could to think that it doesn't work and it is false because it's work by another network, isn't it?

Comment

Hum well, of course if your main link is broken, Nagios will report it down. The only way I see is to use a FQDN (myhost.localnet) to identify your host instead of one of its IP addresses. In that configuration a reliable (local) DNS server is mandatory and you have to define all the IPs your host uses (IN A). With the correct Nagios configuration, it will check "randomly" one of the associated IP since DNS uses a rand robin algorithm. Also, if one of your link is down, your host will be marked down only during the recheck interval.
        Système : Debian Etch 4.0r8 / Apache 2.2.3 / PHP 5.2.0 / MySQL 5.0.32
        Monitoring : Nagios 2.12 / Plugins 1.4.13 / Centreon 1.4.2.7

Comment

Working...
        X