Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snmptrap, I am confused

Hi.
    I have never used snmptraps, an I wonder if it could be usefull for me.

I need to know if the disk of my serveurs arrive to 90% of space used, and olso the memory use. But I do not follow how to do it. Waht do I have to do in the sender(server) and waht in the receiver(Centreon).

Thanks
    Inle
    Last edited by inle; 7 November 2007, 08:03.

No answer.
    Any help please?

thanks
    Inle.

Originally posted by inle View Post
    Hi.
    I have never used snmptraps, an I wonder if it could be usefull for me.

I need to know if the disk of my serveurs arrive to 90% of space used, and olso the memory use. But I do not follow how to do it. Waht do I have to do in the sender(server) and waht in the receiver(Centreon).

Thanks
    Inle

Comment

I would advise against the traps solution in this case. try to setup direct plugins checks instead, which requires a lot less configuration on each of the monitored and monitoring servers.

have you tried achieving what you need by using a plugin like check_centreon_snmp_storage_detailled or such ?

Just make sure that snmp is running on the distant servers with the right community and you should be good to go !

Comment

I learned that if I check servers parameter via snmptraps nagios would not check resources every 5 m, for exemple, and it would content with just listening in a port waiting for snmp messages & sending alerts just when necessary. Am I grong?

I want to try this way. I have already done disk & process check via snmp queries already. SO my next step is to go with snmptraps even if it is harder to configure.
        Thanks.

Inle

Originally posted by xspoon View Post
        I would advise against the traps solution in this case. try to setup direct plugins checks instead, which requires a lot less configuration on each of the monitored and monitoring servers.

have you tried achieving what you need by using a plugin like check_centreon_snmp_storage_detailled or such ?

Just make sure that snmp is running on the distant servers with the right community and you should be good to go !

Comment

try searching the wiki or forum for the centreon side, as for the server side there is plenty of tutorials on the web. Sorry I can't be of more help as I didn't setup this solution myself.

Comment

Good Morning.
            Wath configuration do I have to do in the client side to send a trap to nagios -centreon for instance disk space?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X