Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a poller goes down?

Hello everybody,
    I'm new in this forum and I have to thanks a lot of you for the threads that helped me for my environment configuration with Centreon 2.0 Rc3.

My environment:
    1 Master server with Centreon, DB, Nagios3, etc and 10 host to ping
    2 Slave pollers with only Nagios3 and 10 host to ping on each server

I configured correctly my slave pollers and they work fine!!

On Master I set the ping check fot the 2 Slave server's IPs.
    If I put the power off on a Slave server I can see the correct "KO" status for the ping check done by Master but I still have "OK" status for the IPs checked by Slave powered off. I cen see that "last check" date is stopped to the time in wich I powered off the poller.
    Is it correct that hosts checked by a slave still have "OK" status while checks are stopped?
    Is there a way to set their status if they are not under monitoring?

I set their dependencies from Slave too.

Thanks a lot,
    Stega

Hi,

It's the normal working.
    You can write an event handler that will change the status of hosts monitored by your poller when it's not monitoring. You can set the event handler on a service which checks if Nagios is runing on the poller.

Comment

Notification manager

Hello,
      here I am again for asking you help about distributed monitoring.

My Environment:
      1 Master server with Centreon, Nagios and DB
      2 Slave Poller server with Nagios only

My Configuration (example):
      Master --> checks if pollers are alive
      Poller1 --> checks if IP 10.10.10.10 is alive
      Poller2 --> checks if IP 20.20.20.20 is alive

Question:
      If host 10.10.10.10, checked by Poller1, goes down, who manage its notification handler?
      Who will manage the notification (by a customized or implemented action)?
      The local Nagios on Poller1, or the Master when it will receive the new host status by the Poller1?

I hope that my question is clear and I hope that someone can help me.
      Thanks for every answer you'll give me.
      Stega

Comment

Originally posted by YodaNC View Post
        Hi,

It's the normal working.
        You can write an event handler that will change the status of hosts monitored by your poller when it's not monitoring. You can set the event handler on a service which checks if Nagios is runing on the poller.
        Hi

I have also this problem. Do you have any idea how to do this ? How to change the status of hosts monitored by specific poller ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I have set up the latest centreon 2.1.6. I have just one satellite which monitors a couple of hosts.

I am trying to figure out how to make the central nagios (running on the same machine where centreon lives) actively monitor such hosts when the satellite is no longer monitoring because of issues.

I read that this is possible by combining active checks and passive checks with the freshness option? Is this an option with centreon at all?

I cannot find anywhere a solution for this problem.

I thought that there was a straightforward way of actually telling Centreon that if Satellite B dies, the group of hosts monitored by it should be actively monitored from the central nagios as long as the Satellite does not come back up.

Thanks to everyone who will help!
          Matteo

Comment

Hello anyone can give me the command that allows to activate a central poller that has been in down mode please

Comment

Working...
            X