Monitoring Shows Host Critical.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring Shows Host Critical.

After adding some hosts via the Oreon interface, It reports that one of the host's is critical even though the host is up. This is some of the output from Oreon.

CRITICAL 2006/08/30 09:46:43 51m 54s 6 PING CRITICAL - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 100.62 ms

Service being used is host_alive. I have tried forcing a re-check on the host in Oreon and restarting Nagios, but that does not fix the problem.

your host could be up but the chek might be critical if the answer of the check make to long to respond

go to configuration => nagios => check_command => modify check_host_alive

you must have something like this :
    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1

try to modify -w and -c value

then regenerate file and restart nagios

may be it could help you
    windows XP pro
    VM

Comment

Modify String

What would be decent values to allow it not to report as critical if the ping was no greater than 200ms.

Comment

by default i use 3000 and 5000 ....
        test
        windows XP pro
        VM

Comment

check_host_alive doesn't need decent values because it's just to see if host is up.

If you need a real check_ping service for quality purpose
          Descent values may be :
          check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 200.0,20% -c 400.0,40% -p 3
          or something like that
          Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
          Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
          Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

Host Down.

Every so often, one of my hosts is reported as down even though it can be pinged. I have changed the check_host_alive command and that seems to work better than the previous command. I have attached a screenshot. I have also done forced checks and reloaded the Nagios configuration but it still reports that the host is down. I have also checked my events logs and it is filled with ping critical and ping warning when the ping response time is under 80ms for different hosts. Also, how do I clear the event logs?
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X