Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring over 10000 hosts

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone else has setup Oreon to handle over 10,000 hosts? Currently I have Nagios doing this, but the loading of the cgi interfaces are very slow. I have Oreon setup for another group of servers and I really enjoy it. But I want to have Oreon handle the main group of devices that I am monitoring.

I keep getting a 60 second timeout while Oreon is trying to go thru the nagios log to pull in all of the host information. I did get it to run for a while, but it never pulled in the data for the monitoring section.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get past the 60 seconds and how to get Oreon to display the monitoring output? I have reset the php.ini switches for timeouts.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph

hi,

Yes we know there are some problem with status.log parsing. We are modifying this with ajax for beeing quickly. The development had just finish and now we are testing. Next version, normaly, will integrate this evolution. wa have tested with 4500 hosts and it's too long. PHP is too long

But when I have 2 minutes, i will send you a patch to modify timeout.

Thanks for your contribution.

regards
    Julien Mathis
    Centreon Project Leader
    www.merethis.com |

Comment

Julio,

Great thank you. I look forward to getting the patch and I will let you know how it works with this many hosts. When I can, I will do an exact count and let you know how it works with that many.

Thanks again,

Joe

Comment

Same Problem

Hi Everyone,
        i have the same problem like Joe had. I have imported around 600 Hosts and around 3000 Services from Nagios CFG Files into Oreon. No when i want to generate the the CFG files for Nagios Oreon runs into a timeout and finally the Webfrontend remains empty. I have ajusted the execution time in php.ini but I still have no success. Will this be fixed with a coming version of oreon or can you also provide a patch for me?

thanks in advance
        Lukas

Comment

it's a PHP timeout ? stange... with my 4500 services, I haven't this problem...

you can change timeout a line 26 in header.php
          Julien Mathis
          Centreon Project Leader
          www.merethis.com |

Comment

thanks !!!!

hi julio,
            many thanks that has solved the problem.

Comment

Same here,

Thanks, changing the time out is now allowing it to see all 10,000+ hosts.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Hi guys!!

I havesometing like 200 hosts and 750 services, and i have this "timeout" problem too.

Can anyone say the tip to solve it =)

tks
                Linux 2.6.16-1.2115_FC4
                Nagios 1.4
                Nagios Plugins 1.4
                Oreon 1.3 RC1 / StatusMap

Comment

Just read up :lol:
                  Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
                  Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
                  Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

Working...
                  X