SimpleGraph Problems w/spaces in Metrics name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimpleGraph Problems w/spaces in Metrics name

A number of my check_nt plugins return metric names with spaces in them. Specifically, the NC_NET plugin's CPULoad module is returning both 5 and 15 minute CPU averages with metric names of '5 min avg Load' and '15 min avg Load' respectively.

While these metrics can be graphed via a custom graph, the Simple Graphs Renderer errors when producing a graph of the same metrics with the following error:

ERROR: opening '/usr/local/oreon/filesGeneration/graphs/simpleRenderer/rrdDB/cywwic02__cpu.rrd': No such file or directory

This problem does not occur for metrics which do not contain spaces such as the 'pl' and 'rta' metrics returned by check_icmp.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can work around this issue or how I might resolve it?

thanks in advance,

Jon

BUG SPOTTED

Put it in http://bugs.oreon-project.org/ please :wink:
    Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
    Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
    Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

The bug has been logged.

In the meantime, I am going to try using a modified version of the perfparse_nagios_pipe_command.pl when loading the data into the perfparse DB. With a bit of Perl magic, I should be able to remove the spaces from the metric names before they are parsed by perfparse into the database.

Thanks again for your support. I am getting very close to being able to move my Oreon installation into full production.

Regards,

Jon

Comment

has there been any progress on this bug as I've been hit by it as well ?

Comment

Working...
        X