• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Cards

Hello,

all our server are saved under Network Equipments
    how can i modify the id card confuguration to fix this problem and
    how can i add additional typs of servers and network devices there is no configuration documentation of the oreon features or i havent find it yet.

thanks for help

DaskTill

I think this feature is not fully functionnal for the moment.

I already have post a bug report for detection problem :

http://bugs.oreon-project.org/index....details&id=253
    Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
    Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
    Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

Would it be too much to ask for a Printers type too?

And yep, using 1.3.2b1, ID Cards doesn't work well

I configured the "SNMP Community && Version" on 15 machines, and ID Cards didn't show all. Cisco stuff on Servers, servers on Network Equipments, etc.

Comment

Just add comment to my bug with the height first digit of the mac adress of your machine and explain in which categorie they should go.

http://bugs.oreon-project.org/index....details&id=253

Comment

I can't know the mac addresses because all machines are out of my LAN. But when i do a snmpwalk, the sysDescr.0 mib, shows windows or cisco there. So that's a start to know what kind of device is that.

But maybe oreon could use nmap mac address DB? When i port scan one machine on my LAN it shows the motherboard (or computer) brand when possible and the network card brand. For example, in my LAN, i have MSI, Giga-Byte, Dell, Intel, etc.

Comment

It's true.

Developper, how does id card find mac address if the target is behind a firewall or in another network ? (rarp is impossible) ?

Comment

Working...
            X