Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member Function error

Hi,

I've set up Oreon on both FC3 (not running SELinux) using PHP4.3.10, Mysql 4.0.23 and Apache 2.0.52 together with a copy on CentOS-4 using PHP.4.3.10, Mysql 4.0.23 and Apache 1.3.33. I've noted the warning about needing the Apache 2 series, but it all seems to work on both versions of Apache.

However, I'm seeing Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/local/oreon/contact.php on line 163 using either of the above setups.

I've searched through all the Oreon forums and note that this error has been seen before. Unfortunately, my French isn't good enough to completely understand the answer. I've tried running the responses in the forums regarding this error through Babelfish, but again, it's an incomplete translation.

Could anybody reading this expalin what the problem is and how it is rectified.

Thanks for any help.

Merci

Bob Reid

Hi Bob,

Well, you're the first who encounter this problem.
    The error happen at the beginning when you had a first contact, or after you had made a configuration whith hosts, services, ... ?
    Romain Le Merlus
    Centreon Forge
    MERETHIS

Comment

Member function error

Hi Rom,

Thanks for the reply.

What happens is that I create a contact which is accepted by the system and does not give ay errors. I then create a contactgroup which shows the newly created contact and allows me to add to the contatgroup.

if I then try to add aother contact I see the screen but on the right hand side where contact names would normally be listed I just see the add text and underneath where the contact names would be displayed I see a small black dot.

What is even more strange is that if I add two contacts, the first contact name will show up on the display but underneath where the second contact name would appear is the little black dot. If I change the php.ini file to display_errors=n, I then see a message where the black dot would be giving the member function error at line 163 in contact.php.

I've looked at line 163 in contact.php, which looks fine and is similar to code which appears in other files.

is there any more information I can give that would be helpful?

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Bob.

Comment

I try to reproduce your problem and it doesn't appear.
        In my opinion, you should try to install again the Oreon database by running /install/steup.php and after apply the patch available on the website.

I'm working with a FC3 like you and I have got no problems...
        Romain Le Merlus
        Centreon Forge
        MERETHIS

Comment

Working...
        X