Services Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Services Issues

When I create a service in configuration - services and hit save it takes me back to the same page almost like it only refreshed the pages. When I run nagios -v /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg I get 1 error:

Checking services...
    Error: There are no services defined!
    Checked 0 services.
    Checking hosts...
    Warning: Host '10.1.0.5' has no services associated with it!
    Checked 1 hosts.

Any ideas on what can be causing this?

Thanks,

you have to generate you configuration files in configuration > nagios

never use commande line... with oreon. You have no need...
    Julien Mathis
    Centreon Project Leader
    www.merethis.com |

Comment

When I generated my configs with configuration - nagios that is when it reported that it was having issues with the services. That is why I ended up running the debug for nagios command line. What permission should I give the services.cfg? perhaps it is a permission issue.

Comment

When I create a service in configuration - services and hit save it takes me back to the same page almost like it only refreshed the pages.
        This happends usually when something is missing in the definition of the service like a required field in one of the tabs.

Comment

Yes I have noticed this. For this section I have answered all Questions marked with * but still with no luck the page reloads with everything that I have answered but does not seem to make any changes or write what I need. What file does this configuration setting work with? Is it possible that some how the permissions are incorrect for this one config file?

Thanks

Comment

actually, you write to the oreon database when you validate, not directly to the cfg file.

have you linked the service to a host on the second tab ? you need to answer all the required fields of all tabs before validating.

Comment

Working...
            X