Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

check_graph_ping (--crit) must be superior to (--warn)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • check_graph_ping (--crit) must be superior to (--warn)

    I used the default check_graph_ping but I have to use some arguments for this service?
    Check_command_arguments
    But what do I have to put in there for example?

    Thanks in advance!

    Michiel

  • #2
    Hi,

    For example :
    !3!80!95!public!2c
    3 = number of your network interface
    80 = warning value
    95 = critical value
    public = snmp community
    2c = snmp version

    To find the number of your network interface, just execute :
    ./check_graph_traffic.pl -H ip -C public -s (with the good snmp community)
    Romain Le Merlus
    Centreon Forge
    MERETHIS

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks..but isn't that the syntax for check_graph_traffic.pl?
      I am using check_graph_ping.pl (no snmp!)

      Thanks in advance for your reply.

      Michiel

      Comment


      • #4
        For the check_graph_ping, you don't have to use args.
        When you pass over the image on the right of the input area, you can see if you need args for the command. ARG1, ARG2, ...
        Romain Le Merlus
        Centreon Forge
        MERETHIS

        Comment


        • #5
          But when I do not use any arguements I get the error I posted:
          [1116578608] SERVICE;http://www.t-mobile.nl;www.t-mobile....;0;0;0;0;0;0;0
          ;0;1;0;0.00;0;1;1;1;(--crit) must be superior to (--warn)

          So I suppose I have to use some arguements..I can execute the script from the command shell without any problem..creating a 1.rrd file in /usr/local/oreon/rrd/
          But from Nagios it errors with above error.
          Permissions rrd folder:
          4 drwxrwxr-x 2 nagios nagios 4096 May 19 17:47 rrd

          Michiel

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Rom,
            sorry to bother you..but Ihave another question..I also check my services under /nagios/ and find that the availability report does not show any graphs.
            I entered: process_performance_data=1
            in nagios.cfg and restarted nagios but still I can not graph an availability report.
            Is this because Nagios is started for 5 minutes and it doesn't have enough stats to graph? (lowerst graph period is 24 hours)..
            I also find a lot of plugins NOT found in my list of checks..when I look in /usr/local/nagios/libexec I find a lot checks not being found by Oreon..how can I fix this?

            Sorry for all the questions but your documentation isn't sufficient for me and more then 80% of your website and forum posts are in French :roll:

            Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions.

            Michiel

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by VoR
              But when I do not use any arguements I get the error I posted:
              [1116578608] SERVICE;http://www.t-mobile.nl;www.t-mobile....;0;0;0;0;0;0;0
              ;0;1;0;0.00;0;1;1;1;(--crit) must be superior to (--warn)

              So I suppose I have to use some arguements..I can execute the script from the command shell without any problem..creating a 1.rrd file in /usr/local/oreon/rrd/
              But from Nagios it errors with above error.
              Permissions rrd folder:
              4 drwxrwxr-x 2 nagios nagios 4096 May 19 17:47 rrd

              Michiel
              Detail de check_graph_ping.pl
              Copyright (c) 2004 OREON
              Bugs to http://www.oreon.org/
              Usage:
              check_graph_ping
              -H (--hostname) Hostname to query - (required)
              -g (--rrdgraph) create rrd base and add datas into this one
              -D (--directory) Path to rrdatabase (or create the .rrd in this directory)
              by default: /usr/local/oreon/rrd/
              (The path is valid with spaces '/my path/...')
              -w (--warn) Signal strength at which a warning message will be generated
              (default 80)
              -c (--crit) Signal strength at which a critical message will be generated
              (default 95)
              -S (--ServiceId) Oreon Service Id
              -V (--version) Plugin version
              -h (--help) usage help

              If you would like to put new args, you have to modify the command using check_graph_ping by adding the option -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -S $ARG3$ (When you'll put your value, don't fill the -S ARG, it's automatic to had a graph)
              Romain Le Merlus
              Centreon Forge
              MERETHIS

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by VoR
                Hi Rom,
                sorry to bother you..but Ihave another question..I also check my services under /nagios/ and find that the availability report does not show any graphs.
                I entered: process_performance_data=1
                in nagios.cfg and restarted nagios but still I can not graph an availability report.
                Is this because Nagios is started for 5 minutes and it doesn't have enough stats to graph? (lowerst graph period is 24 hours)..
                I don't know, for us, you have to wait 4-5 minutes so the rrd base start to fill. But if your service is green in monitoring, there's no problem I think.

                Originally posted by VoR
                I also find a lot of plugins NOT found in my list of checks..when I look in /usr/local/nagios/libexec I find a lot checks not being found by Oreon..how can I fix this?
                Michiel
                You have to write your own command in the configuration->command part, I don't remember if we use or not all the nagios checks.
                Romain Le Merlus
                Centreon Forge
                MERETHIS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hmm..this is my result:
                  cat /etc/nagios/services/cfg:

                  check_command check_graph_ping!80!95!4

                  my command check_graph_ping:
                  $USER1$/check_graph_ping.pl $HOSTADDRESS$ -g -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -S $ARG3$

                  my extra arguements for the service:
                  !80!95

                  service nagios restart and a cat /var/log/nagios/status.log:
                  [[email protected] nagios]# cat /var/log/nagios/status.log
                  # Nagios 1.2 Status File
                  [1116591132] SERVICE;http://www.t-mobile.nl;www.t-mobile....;0;1;1;1;GPING OK - 64 bytes from www.t-mobile.nl (80.79.193.146): icmp_seq=0 ttl=125 time=30.7 ms

                  But no graph yet in /usr/local/oreon/rrd/

                  M.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Do you have the good laws on /rrd ? It has to be nagios
                    Romain Le Merlus
                    Centreon Forge
                    MERETHIS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yes:
                      cd /usr/local/oreon
                      ls -als
                      drwxrwxr-x 2 nagios nagios 4096 May 20 13:08 rrd

                      When I do a su - nagios and then run /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_graph_ping.pl www.t-mobile.nl -g I get a nice 4.rrd in /usr/local/oreon/rrd/ ...

                      M.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Seems that your rrd file is created whit root law, and after nagios can't write on it. Because you made shell test with your root account ?

                        So erase all the datas in
                        oreon/rrd
                        oreon/tmp
                        oreon/include/average

                        and after restart nagios, the datas will be created with the good law
                        Romain Le Merlus
                        Centreon Forge
                        MERETHIS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No..like I said:
                          I did a:
                          su - nagios (become user nagios)
                          and THEN I executed the command (which worked good).
                          So there is nothing wrong with permissions..
                          Can I check anything else?
                          And why don't I see all the check_* commands in Oreon? (for example: check_smtp)

                          Michiel

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Because we didn't put it in the 1.2.1. There's some but you have to create the others you need.

                            For the other problem I don't know.
                            Romain Le Merlus
                            Centreon Forge
                            MERETHIS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ok..I'll add the check_smtp and other commands then..thanks for your help..

                              Michiel

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X