Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something strange in Monitoring page

Well, first of all, congratulations!

I have installed version 1.2.2 RC2, and i could import my nagios config files to Oreon! GREAT! I'm very pleased. I'm playing with Oreon for a while now (for 3 hours i think), and something strange is happening in Monitoring page. All hosts (25) are displayed ok. But my services are not displaying ok. I have 610 services, and in Monitoring page there are only 163 displayed. :?: :?:

In Configuration, all 610 services are there! But when i go to Monitoring, i could only view 163! What the HE$&%@! Any point on this?

Another thing i found is that in Home, all graphics are greatly displayed, but no labels at all in hostgroup graphs. Is a little confusing for me what are they graphing ...

All the rest, simply great! Thnx for the effort!

P.S.: rom, huge thnx for the configuration import thing! Is great!
    [Linux 2.4.20-28.7 - RedHat 7.2]
    [Linux 2.6.16.21-0.25 - OpenSuSE 10.1]
    [Apache 1.3.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
    [Apache 2.2.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
    [Nagios 1.4.1+Nagmin -Production-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -PreProduction-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -Testing-]

Hi, more info about not displaying all services for hosts in Monitoring tab.

For example, when i go to http://my.server.com/oreon/oreon.php?p=104&sv=45&o=w#2

to view all services for my first server, all of them are listed there. But, when i click over one of the services not displaying in Monitoring page and click in "Status and Options", it returns:

No stat for this Service.
    Think has generate the configuration files.

:?: :?: :?:

What's the meaning of that?

The other thing i had found, about not displaying any labels in graphs, is also extensible to graphs of the services. No way to know what service is related to graph. Anyone experiencing the same?

What i'm using:

RedHat 7.2
    Apache 1.3.33
    PHP 5.0.4
    Oreon 1.2.2 RC2

Hope this helps ...
    [Nagios 1.4.1+Nagmin -Production-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -PreProduction-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -Testing-]

Comment

We don't made enought test with PHP5, maybe your problem come from it.
      Romain Le Merlus
      Centreon Forge
      MERETHIS

Comment

Hi rom,

If anyone could try with php 5 if this happens because of php 5 version, please let me know. It's hard for me to downgrade to 4.x version, because is a production server, and it needs php 5 for other soft. If anyone else suffers this behaviour, would be great to know it's because of this.

Hope someone could try in his/her environment.

TIA

Comment

Hi there! I found a way to test my Oreon environment with PHP 4.4.0, and nothing is solved. Same problems with number of services displaying in Monitoring page, and no labels at all in graphs.

Hope I could found what is causing these ... :cry:

L8r

Comment

Well, I found the trick! Reinstall all again from zero. That do the job. Now all my services are displaying well.

Other thing is labels in graphs. No labels at all, i don't know what are they graphing ... it's not much helpful. But, maybe i'm wrong and all people are seeing labels in every graph ... let me know, please.

Comment

which graphs ? rrdtool or jpgraph ?
              StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
              Dons Paypal

Comment

Sorry, i didn't express correctly. The graphs under Reporting tab. The ones that graph services disponibility for a host.

Thanks for the extremely fast answer!

Comment

ok.

when you say no labels... title label ? legend label ?

could post the url to generate the graph (right click on img , and propriety )

StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
                  Dons Paypal

Comment

Hi there!

Here is the URL:

http://subdomain.domain.com/include/...e.php?sn=Carga Procesador - presms3&coord_x=340&coord_y=150&fontcolor=000000&t heme=pastel&dataA=1&dataB=0&dataC=0&dataD=0&colorA =00ff00&colorB=FFFF00&colorC=F83838&colorD=ACACAC& labelA=OK - 1&labelB=WARNING - 0&labelC=CRITICAL - 0&labelD=UNKNOWN - 0

When i say label i refer to the label that describes what service is the graph related (title label?) Is that correct? If it is, maybe could be a good thing for next release to clarify what service is graph related to.

Thanks for your time wistof.

Comment

i'm little lost..

have you the same image generation ?

Dons Paypal

Comment

Yuck! no! I don't have any label on the graph!! hock: hock: hock:

Maybe a problem in font? Is there any requirement about font types?

Comment

read this http://forum.oreon.org/viewtopic.php?t=151

sorry, it's only in french
                          Dons Paypal

Comment

Easy to read that in french

Anyway, I had verdana.ttf in that location, but i reinstalled from tar.gz in that topic. No changes at all. May i need to restart anything? I'm really lost at this point.

Huge thanks for your time, man.

Comment

check your apache log, may be we can found something...
                              Dons Paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X