Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] How to get the graphs working

Hi everybody,

I am new to Oreon and Nagios. Everything works fine, except to one thing. I can't get no graphs on the Interface and the Howto gives no Information about this thing. Maybe some of you know how to get this stuff working.

I would be very glad about any help

Thanks
    dobebo

Welcome dobedo,

You need rrdtool (1.2 will support in RC3 ) install.
    You must specify path for rrd generation and validate right on this. (default /usr/local/oreon/rrd/). Nagios must be enable to write in, and apache to read in.

You must use 'check_graph_*' plugins.
    Verify check_command syntax :
    $USER1$/check_graph_traffic.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -i $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$ -C $ARG4$ -v $ARG5$ -g -S $ARG6$
    You don't need to specify last argument ($ARG6$) in 'check_command_argument' :
    !3!75!90!public!1
    You can try to execute plugin in nutshell with nagios user

you can find some modified plugins with debug information here (in french only, sorry )
    StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
    Dons Paypal

Comment

Thank you for your help wistof
      I forget to mention
      that my problem is not the configuration, my problem is actually that oreon shows me broken images, every time I want to see the graphs.
      I am using the default rrd directory (under /usr/local/oreon/rrd/),
      there are files like 7.rrd but no gif or png that can be displayed.
      Where do I find them or how do I create them ?
      The rights for nagios and www-data are correct.

Thanks
      dobebo

Comment

that's is your rrdtool version ?

check your apache log too....
        StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
        Dons Paypal

Comment

rrdtool Version: 1.0.49-1

Apache error.log says
          ERROR: invalid color def format
          [Wed Aug 10 14:12:27 2005] [error] [client 10.0.x.xxx File does not exist: /usr/local/oreon/include/trafficMap/png/trafficMap1.png, referer: http://xxxxx/oreon/oreon.php?p=313&tm=1&o=w

Comment

could you edit setting for graph (with tool img) and validate color
            Dons Paypal

Comment

how can I do this ?

I already edited the color settings under Basic Configuration and Data Source.

Is there another tool to do so ?

Comment

Originally posted by dobebo
                I already edited the color settings under Basic Configuration and Data Source.
                did you respect hexa format ? 'FFFFFF'

you could try to debug rrdtool command by edit 'graph_image.php' and add :
                function rrdtool_execute($command_line, $oreon) {
                $command_line = str_replace(";", "", $command_line);
                print $command_line . "
                ";

$fp = popen($oreon->optGen->get_rrd_pwd() . escape_command(" $command_line"), "r");
                return fpassthru($fp);
                }
                Dons Paypal

Comment

nothing changed

Comment

oh, sorry... right click on broken image, and 'view image' (on firefox)
                    graph - --interlaced --start=-86400 --vertical-label="label" --title="LastDay - www.google.fr" --imgformat=PNG --alt-autoscale-max --lower-limit=0 --width=500 --height=100 --color CANVAS#FFFFFF --color BACK#FEFEFE --color FONT#000000 --color MGRID#800000 --color GRID#808080 --color FRAME#000000 --color ARROW#FFFFFF --color SHADEA#C0C0C0 --color SHADEB#909090 DEF:a=/var/www/oreon/rrd/34.rrd:a:AVERAGE DEF:m=/var/www/oreon/rrd/34.rrd:a:MAX COMMENT:" From 2005/08/08 23\:16 To 2005/08/09 23\:16\c" LINE2:a#ff0000:"DataSource1" CDEF:flaming1=a,40,*,100,/ CDEF:flaming2=a,5,*,100,/
                    ‰PNG 
                    Dons Paypal

Comment

mine shows
                      graph - --interlaced --start=-86400 --vertical-label=label --title=LastDay" "ping_graph --imgformat=GIF --alt-autoscale-max --lower-limit=0 --interlace --width=100 --height=100 --color CANVAS#FFFFFF --color BACK#white --color FONT#000000 --color MGRID#800000 --color GRID#808080 --color FRAME#000000 --color ARROW#FFFFFF --color SHADEA#C0C0C0 --color SHADEB#909090 DEF:a=/usr/local/oreon/rrd/7.rrd:a:AVERAGE DEF:m=/usr/local/oreon/rrd/7.rrd:a:MAX COMMENT:" From 09/08/05 03:07 to 10/08/05 03:07\c" CDEF:flaming1=a,40,*,100,/ CDEF:flaming2=a,5,*,100,/ AREA:flaming1#ffff5f:Monitor STACK:flaming2#fffc51 STACK:flaming2#fffc51 STACK:flaming2#fff046 STACK:flaming2#ffe95f STACK:flaming2#ffd237 STACK:flaming2#ffc832 STACK:flaming2#ffbe2d STACK:flaming2#ffaa23 STACK:flaming2#ff9619 STACK:flaming2#ff841e STACK:flaming2#ff841e STACK:flaming2#ff6600 GPRINT:a:LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf%s" GPRINT:a:MIN:"Min\:%8.2lf%s" GPRINT:a:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf%s" GPRINT:a:MAX:"Max\:%8.2lf%s\l"

Comment

mine shows
                        graph - --interlaced --start=-86400 --vertical-label=label --title=LastDay" "ping_graph --imgformat=GIF --alt-autoscale-max --lower-limit=0 --interlace --width=100 --height=100 --color CANVAS#FFFFFF --color BACK#white --color FONT#000000 --color MGRID#800000 --color GRID#808080 --color FRAME#000000 --color ARROW#FFFFFF --color SHADEA#C0C0C0 --color SHADEB#909090 DEF:a=/usr/local/oreon/rrd/7.rrd:a:AVERAGE DEF:m=/usr/local/oreon/rrd/7.rrd:a:MAX COMMENT:" From 09/08/05 03:07 to 10/08/05 03:07\c" CDEF:flaming1=a,40,*,100,/ CDEF:flaming2=a,5,*,100,/ AREA:flaming1#ffff5f:Monitor STACK:flaming2#fffc51 STACK:flaming2#fffc51 STACK:flaming2#fff046 STACK:flaming2#ffe95f STACK:flaming2#ffd237 STACK:flaming2#ffc832 STACK:flaming2#ffbe2d STACK:flaming2#ffaa23 STACK:flaming2#ff9619 STACK:flaming2#ff841e STACK:flaming2#ff841e STACK:flaming2#ff6600 GPRINT:a:LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf%s" GPRINT:a:MIN:"Min\:%8.2lf%s" GPRINT:a:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf%s" GPRINT:a:MAX:"Max\:%8.2lf%s\l"
                        a rapid check... i'm not rrdtool expert
                        Dons Paypal

Comment

try to run in nutshell

rrdtool - graph - --interlaced --start=-86400 --vertical-label=label --title=LastDay" "ping_graph --imgformat=GIF --alt-autoscale-max --lower-limit=0 --interlace --width=100 --height=100 --color CANVAS#FFFFFF --color BACK#ffffff --color FONT#000000 --color MGRID#800000 --color GRID#808080 --color FRAME#000000 --color ARROW#FFFFFF --color SHADEA#C0C0C0 --color SHADEB#909090 DEF:a=/usr/local/oreon/rrd/7.rrd:a:AVERAGE DEF:m=/usr/local/oreon/rrd/7.rrd:a:MAX COMMENT:" From 09/08/05 03:07 to 10/08/05 03:07\c" CDEF:flaming1=a,40,*,100,/ CDEF:flaming2=a,5,*,100,/ AREA:flaming1#ffff5f:Monitor STACK:flaming2#fffc51 STACK:flaming2#fffc51 STACK:flaming2#fff046 STACK:flaming2#ffe95f STACK:flaming2#ffd237 STACK:flaming2#ffc832 STACK:flaming2#ffbe2d STACK:flaming2#ffaa23 STACK:flaming2#ff9619 STACK:flaming2#ff841e STACK:flaming2#ff841e STACK:flaming2#ff6600 GPRINT:a:LAST:"Current\:%8.2lf%s" GPRINT:a:MIN:"Min\:%8.2lf%s" GPRINT:a:AVERAGE:"Average\:%8.2lf%s" GPRINT:a:MAX:"Max\:%8.2lf%s\l" > test.png
                          Dons Paypal

Comment

I changed the
                            --color BACK#white
                            to #FFFFFF

nothing happens. There is still this broken Image shit and if I try to open the Traffic Map I get a
                            The requested URL /oreon/include/trafficMap/png/trafficMap1.png was not found on this server.
                            I have no idea how I get this shit to work
                            The Plugin works fine (so says Nagios)
                            but there is no gif or png file generated. Are there any libraries needed or some configurations checked ?

I am no rrdtool expert also

Comment

I changed the
                              --color BACK#white

to #FFFFFF

nothing happens.
                              in command line ?
                              There is still this broken Image shit and if I try to open the Traffic Map I get a
                              The requested URL /oreon/include/trafficMap/png/trafficMap1.png was not found on this server.
                              I have no idea how I get this shit to work
                              The Plugin works fine (so says Nagios)
                              but there is no gif or png file generated. Are there any libraries needed or some configurations checked ?

I am no rrdtool expert also
                              trafficmap is a other thing, it's a other problem
                              Dons Paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X