Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about BI definition XML File

Hello,

is there any documentation about the xml files (definition of reporting parameters) you need to create for a new reporting job (report design) in Centreon BI?

The only informations that I found are located in this documentation: http://documentation.centreon.com/do...rt_models.html

"XML parameters file Each report can have several specific parameters. This .xml file allows to define those parameters."

In my report I use a Listbox and I will use this feature in die Web-UI. At the moment i use a "text" element but this is not what I want to use.

thx for help.

Regards

Originally posted by Schinkel View Post
    Hello,

is there any documentation about the xml files (definition of reporting parameters) you need to create for a new reporting job (report design) in Centreon BI?

The only informations that I found are located in this documentation: http://documentation.centreon.com/do...rt_models.html

"XML parameters file Each report can have several specific parameters. This .xml file allows to define those parameters."

In my report I use a Listbox and I will use this feature in die Web-UI. At the moment i use a "text" element but this is not what I want to use.

thx for help.

Regards
    Hello,

What kind of data do you want to display in your report parameter tab in Centreon BI jobs configuration ? Data available are only Host groups, Host categories, Services categories, Hosts, Services, Services , Metrics, BAM, BV , is it one of these field ?

If not, you can't displayed something that comes from another data source. Don't hesitate to check existing XML files in "Report design" menu under Centreon BI.

Btw, what is your version of Centreon BI ?

You should ask the support if you have trouble trying to integrate reports that you design in Centreon BI.

C ya.

Comment

Originally posted by GoFyS View Post
      Hello,

What kind of data do you want to display in your report parameter tab in Centreon BI jobs configuration ? Data available are only Host groups, Host categories, Services categories, Hosts, Services, Services , Metrics, BAM, BV , is it one of these field ?

If not, you can't displayed something that comes from another data source. Don't hesitate to check existing XML files in "Report design" menu under Centreon BI.

Btw, what is your version of Centreon BI ?

You should ask the support if you have trouble trying to integrate reports that you design in Centreon BI.

C ya.
      Hi GoFys,

I populate the Parameter with an exclusive DataSet in this report (just an select distinct..)

Originally posted by GoFyS View Post
      I checked other merethis reports to see how this is possible but I can't see HOW this data are set... for example this one: <select id="hg_id" data="hostgroup" title="Host group to report"/> (hostgroup-traffic-by-interface-and-bandwith-ranges.xml). I can't find any peace of code that describes "data="hostgroup". Maybe I'm blind... but I can not find any information in this report in eclipse.

We use centreon-bi 1.6.1 at the moment.

But I can't understand why there is no documentation or explanation of this XML parameters definition files...

Comment

Hello,

XML works like that :
        data=XXXX where XXXX = a "protected" key word that will automatically filll the choosen parameter type (select/multiselect).

These key words are limited : host, hostgroup,hostcategory,servicecategorie,liveservic e,metric,businessactivity,businessview. These are the only values that can be used with data=... if you're parameter is not based on these values, you can't have a select/multiselect filled automatically and you have to do what you already do : text field. (or you can use radio button if the number of values is limited)

You're right, there is no documentation talking about that and it should be described some where.

Regards

Comment

Working...
        X