check_graph_traffic.pl correction for % bandwidth usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check_graph_traffic.pl correction for % bandwidth usage

The %-value of bandwidth usage is counted with bytes-in / speed, but in SNMP the speed-OID is in bits not bytes so the outcome is a factor 8 too small.
    I can't imagine this hasn't been discovered yet by anyone, maybe it's a recently introduced bug in the newest version of check_graph_traffic.pl, or I missed someone elses post about this..
    Anyway I simply changed the following line:
    Code:
    $speed_card = $result->{$OID_SPEED};
    -->
    $speed_card = $result->{$OID_SPEED} / 8;
    Hope this helps someone..
    Regards
    Menno

Lol, thanks a lot man!!!!!

I went through periods of caring about this, then not...

But now we are starting to fill our pipe and I need notifications!!!

Thanks again,

Trevor

Comment

specifying interface speed for Cisco

You're welcome

And if the % bandwidth usage is still incorrect it could be that the physical interface-speed is not the same as the actual maximum speed.
      For instance, I have a 100Mbps port connected to a line that is limited to maximally 2048Kbps but Oreon/Nagios thinks it is 100Mbps.
      So in Cisco I have the command 'bandwidth 2048' on this interface and then Oreon/Nagios gets the correct bandwidth of 2048Kbps with their SNMP request.
      Don't know the command for other kinds of routers.

Regards
      Menno van Bennekom

Comment

so the plugin is not good in the last oreon version ????
        Julien Mathis
        Centreon Project Leader
        www.merethis.com |

Comment

Re: specifying interface speed for Cisco

Originally posted by Menno
          You're welcome

And if the % bandwidth usage is still incorrect it could be that the physical interface-speed is not the same as the actual maximum speed.
          For instance, I have a 100Mbps port connected to a line that is limited to maximally 2048Kbps but Oreon/Nagios thinks it is 100Mbps.
          So in Cisco I have the command 'bandwidth 2048' on this interface and then Oreon/Nagios gets the correct bandwidth of 2048Kbps with their SNMP request.
          Don't know the command for other kinds of routers.

Regards
          Menno van Bennekom
          That is a very good tip! Good to know that the SNMP request will pull the "bandwidth" value set on the interface. I like!

Comment

Originally posted by julio
            so the plugin is not good in the last oreon version ????
            AFAIK the current version in the oreon release 1.3.1 has both fixes (4GB limit and bytes-to-bits speed conversion). Don't know it for sure because I'm still using my own version but the source looks good.
            The downloadable file 'plugins oreon 1.0' on the other hand does not contain the fixes.
            Maybe Ilikecheese used this file, or an older version of oreon, I don't know..

Regards
            Menno van Bennekom

Comment

ok you can find the last plugins in the laste version of oreon
              Julien Mathis
              Centreon Project Leader
              www.merethis.com |

Comment

Working...
              X