X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menno
    replied
    Originally posted by stinkybob
    What did you change in your perfparse cfg? My perfparse works fine in nagios, but nothing shows up in oreon.
    That's too long ago I'm afraid, I can only show you what's in my config now. I run perfparse outside Oreon at the moment, via a cron job.
    Nagios.cfg:
    process_performance_data=1
    host_perfdata_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/hostperf.log
    service_perfdata_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/serviceperf.log
    service_perfdata_file_template=$TIMET$ $HOSTNAME$ $SERVICEDESC$ $SERVICEOUTPUT$ $SERVICESTATE$ $SERVICEPERFDATA$

Perfparse.cfg:
    Server_Port = "1976"
    Service_Log = "/usr/local/nagios/var/serviceperf.log"
    Service_Log_Position_Mark_Path = "/tmp"
    Error_Log = "perfparse.log"
    Error_Log_Rotate = "Yes"
    Error_Log_Keep_N_Days = "7"
    Drop_File = "/tmp/perfparse.drop"
    Drop_File_Rotate = "Yes"
    Drop_File_Keep_N_Days = "7"
    Lock_File = "/var/lock/perfparse.lock"
    Show_Status_Bar = "Yes"
    Do_Report = "Yes"
    Default_user_permissions_Policy = "rw"
    Default_user_permissions_Host_groups = "rw"
    Default_user_permissions_Summary = "rw"
    Output_Log_File = "Yes"
    Output_Log_Filename = "/var/log/perfparse_output_log"
    Output_Log_Rotate = "Yes"
    Output_Log_Keep_N_Days = "7"
    Use_Storage_Socket_Output = "No"
    Storage_Socket_Output_Host_Name = "localhost"
    Storage_Socket_Output_Port = "1974"
    Use_Storage_Mysql = "Yes"
    No_Raw_Data = "Yes"
    No_Bin_Data = "No"
    DB_User = "user"
    DB_Pass = "password"
    DB_Name = "perfparse"
    DB_Host = "localhost"
    Dummy_Hostname = "dummy"
    Storage_Modules_Load = "mysql"

Regards
    Menno

Leave a comment:

• stinkybob
    replied
    What did you change in your perfparse cfg? My perfparse works fine in nagios, but nothing shows up in oreon.

Leave a comment:

• Menno
    replied
    What I did with PerfParse is first getting it to work in Nagios with the perfparse install instructions (one problem at a time please ;-)). Only after that worked and the graphs showed up nicely in the Nagios web-interface I tried it in Oreon and I think I only had to change the settings in Configuration/nagios/perfparseCFG. For debugging you can see in the perfparse log or in the mysql database if there is something written in the sql files.

Regards
    Menno

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    started a topic perfparse

perfparse

I have perfparse installed now. I made the perfparse database, ran the sql script to fill it up. The databse opens in Oreon views but there are no hosts in it.

I made my process-service-perfdata to this:
    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "$TIMET$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$OUTPUT$\t$SE RVICESTATE$\t$PERFDATA$\n" | $USER2$/bin/perfparse-log2mysql -c $USER2$/etc/perfparse.cfg

it seems to run, cause i was getting a database login error in nagios.log from it but i fixed that, no errors there. also perfparse log repeatedly says it succesfully loaded mysql storage module.

my perfparse.cfg has - for the service_log because i am running it directly, im not using that import log from a daemon. rrd graphs seem to still work.

all that, and my oreon views for my perfparse graphs have no hosts or services listed in the dropdowns menus, they are empty. do i need a meta service? i seen that perfparse enabled added it (along with delete retention templates) and didnt know what a meta service is. is it manditory i make one for the graphs? is that my problem?

thanks for any help.. im almost to the finish line!
Working...
X