Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for a new Oreon check_graph-plugin

Hi Guys,

After adjusting my problems with the rrdtool, I want to suggest a new Idea for a check_graph-plugin.

There is a Sensor System from Dallas Semiconductor called 1-wire

http://www.maxim-ic.com/1-Wire.cfm
    http://www.digitemp.com

which can show you temperature, humanidty or light in your Serverroom or just act as a little wheather-station on your veranda.
    I want to suggest to build a plugin, which is able to chart those results of measurement in rrd graph.

I am not very fit in programming perl, but maybe more of us need such a plugin or do now where to get one for nagios ???!!!

Greetings
    dobebo

Actually, I am working on a plugin like this myself (after getting no feedback here)
    Hope to get it working soon.

dobebo

Comment

i think it is a too specific plugin (working with homeself hardware probes) to integrate in Oreon package, but if you have questions about check_graph, we will try to answser you.
      StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
      Dons Paypal

Comment

So, we are trying to develop a plugin that can show 1-wire sensor data graphical in oreon.
        The problem is whenever we execute our script in the command line, we get the sensor results, but in nagios we get a OK 0 : 0.00.
        When it works in Oreon (and we get a graph, with a little trick I have to mention) why does Nagios show this bullshit and the graph gets just a 0 line ?

Can you help or should I post a part of the script ?

dobebo

Comment

when you run your script in command line, do you run it with nagios or root user ?

Are you parsing result of specific tools ?
          StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
          Dons Paypal

Comment

It's OK now, we solved the problem.

Sorry for being so annoying
            But Oreon is still a good tool
            Keep up the good work

Comment

8) no problem

how do you solved your problem ?
              Dons Paypal

Comment

We solved it with a small cronjob that takes the sensor results, put them in a text-file and script makes it to a rrd file and it works.
                A little bit tricky but I get a graph

Comment

Working...
                X