check_graph_traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check_graph_traffic

Having a small problem with this one, I can't get it to change it's syntax to save my life.

I pulled this from another thread -
    Code:
    	$USER1$/check_graph_traffic.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -i $ARG2$ -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$ -g -S $ARG5$
    Running at the command prompt works with the following:
    Code:
    ./check_graph_traffic.pl -H 10.162.0.16 -i 1 -w 85 -c 95 -C public
    Returns this:
    Traffic: 109.95 B/s (0.0%) in, 109.95 B/s (0.0%) out - Total RX Bytes: 21.21 MB, Total TX Bytes: 21.21 MB

So when I try to modify the check command with
    Code:
    	$USER1$/check_graph_traffic.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -i $ARG2$ -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$ -g -S $ARG5$
    I save it, apply it and restart nagios, and if I go look at the command file it has this :
    Code:
    # 'check_graph_traffic' command definition 12
    define command{
            command_name                    check_graph_traffic
            command_line                    $USER1$/check_graph_traffic.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -i $ARG2$ -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$ -g
    }
    So I thought I would just add a new check command and use it, but the same thing happens. So I added the new command with the name of check_graph_traffic2 and save, apply and restart and when I look at the checkcommands.cfg file I see this.

Code:
    # 'check_graph_traffic2' command definition 35
    define command{
            command_name                    check_graph_traffic2
            command_line                    $USER1$/check_graph_traffic.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -i $ARG2$ -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$ -g
    }
    To make things even more bizzare if I look at the table in the database, it shows....

Code:
    45 	check_graph_traffic2 	$USER1$/check_graph_traffic.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -i $ARG2$ -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$ -g -S $ARG5$
    I am at a total loss, anyone have an idea what I am missing?

This is on the 1.2.3-RC1 release.

I'm sorru, but I don't release this plugin documentation.

You can always read this french doc. There are few screenshot:

http://wiki.oreon-project.org/wakka....GraphTrafficFR
    Ubuntu 8.04
    Nagios 3.2 + nagios-plugins-1.4.14
    ndoutils-1.4b9
    Centreon 2.1.8
    centreon-syslog-frontend-1.2.1 + centreon-syslog-server-1.1

Comment

I appreciate the link, translate just fine via Google.

Anyway, I understand how the plugin works, my problem is that when I change the syntax of the plugin in Oreon, it does not write it correctly to the checkcommands.cfg.

Comment

can you give us an example ?
        Ubuntu 8.04
        ndoutils-1.4b9
        Centreon 2.1.8

Comment

Well I did some digging on the French side and found why the check wasn't working. There was a permissions problem or law probem with the file in the tmp dir. That has been fixed.

So moving on to the data base problem, I have no idea what is goign on with that. Today everything seems ok, I am wondering if it is a problem my browser cache. Seems logging out and then in to a fresh browser solves the issues of things not updating correctly. I will have to work for a while more on this before I can narrow it down.

I have come across another bug/error which I will update in my other thread since Wistof was looking at that one and found the solution for previously. (http://forum.oreon-project.org/viewtopic.php?t=1071)

Thanks for your time, sorry I wasted it.

Comment

ok, it's good now, isn't it ?
            Ubuntu 8.04
            ndoutils-1.4b9
            Centreon 2.1.8

Comment

Yep all is good!

Comment

Working...
              X