Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with setup

Hi there!

Well, first post in english section of the board. Sorry, i don't speak french at all ops:

Well I found many problems trying to set up Oreon (great Nagios frontend, cool work) in my box. I'm working with RH 7.2, PHP 5.03, Apache 1.3.x (yes I know nothing about Apache 1.3.x support is in the project). Anyway, I thought it could work with 1.3.x version (let me know if I'm wrong, please). Well, I would report this problems on setup in another post.

Now my bigger problem is that Oreon is not passing the setup of the confgi files to the database. Is this behaviour right? May I nedd to setup again all hosts, all services, all contacts, etc, directly to the database? Is not easy for me doing it this way, I have more than 30 hosts and 600 services ...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong ... if anybody could point me in the right direction, would be great. I'm trying to move all my Nagios frontend stuff to Oreon (I think is a great revision of Nagios FE), but I'm blocked with this problem.

Thanks in advance, and keep the good work!

Hi,

First you should try with PHP4, we don't try Oreon on PHP5.
    For apache, there's no problem with 1.2.x but we didn't test on 1.3.x. Be sure that your oreon.conf file is in the /etc/http/conf.d directory

Good luck.
    Romain Le Merlus
    Centreon Forge
    MERETHIS

Comment

Hi there!

Not easy for me to downgrade PHP version to 4.x because is a production server, and it needs PHP5 for other apps. Would try to test it deeper next week in another test server, but I expect nothing good. Would like to read from other users in similar needs/requirements to do a combined testing, and maybe a 1.1 version supporting more global user requirements as PHP5 or Apache 1.3.x. I like your app very much, but not very useful for me at this point in my production environment.

Keep the good work!

P.S.: Would try to do an spanish translation, if you like the idea.
      [Linux 2.4.20-28.7 - RedHat 7.2]
      [Linux 2.6.16.21-0.25 - OpenSuSE 10.1]
      [Apache 1.3.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
      [Apache 2.2.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
      [Nagios 1.4.1+Nagmin -Production-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -PreProduction-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -Testing-]

Comment

Hi

could you provide an extract of your acces_log and error_log ?

Comment

Hi diago,

not possible for me at this moment, i uninstall the app in my production environment because i'm waiting for the tool that inserts my config files in DB. It's a huge problem for me to insert by hand all my hosts (more than 30) and all my services (more than 600). I understood that I could not do that in automatic way at this moment, so i would just wait for the tool to come out ... I have tried Oreon with Apache 1.3.x and PHP 4.x, and it works fine in my test environment for 2 servers and 10 services (with PHP 5.x there were many problems trying to install the app).

I think Oreon is by far the best tool to match config and monitoring in one app, but must wait for things to be easier for me and my environment. My PHP and DB skills are quite poor to help out Anyway, I'm translating all the frontend to spanish and catalan, because I could help on this without problems.

I hope import tool could be out soon. Now I'm working with Nagmin, and you may know it's not the same.
          [Linux 2.4.20-28.7 - RedHat 7.2]
          [Linux 2.6.16.21-0.25 - OpenSuSE 10.1]
          [Apache 1.3.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
          [Apache 2.2.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
          [Nagios 1.4.1+Nagmin -Production-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -PreProduction-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -Testing-]

Comment

Thanks a lot for your translation but the lang files had change since the 1.2.1 version.
            You should take those of 1.2.1 and not from an older version.

For your export problem, I'm developping a script for take nagios files and put them in database. Maybe I could test with your conf (which is not a conf already generated by Oreon..) ? Contact me if it's possible.

hotmail : [email protected]
            Romain Le Merlus
            Centreon Forge
            MERETHIS

Comment

Working...
            X