Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphs ... Graphs ... Graphs - help

Hi,

Having problems graphing services. Whenever i click on the graph icon from the service detail page i get :

Problem with Perfparse Database connection : DB Error: connect failed

Can someone please shed some light on this???

Also, I don't know if i am even using the right checks to get the graph data. Can someone please explain how to get graphs going from scratch? by scratch i mean for a HOST that you are just checking pings .

Any Help is much appreciated

Thanks
    Parvinder Bhasin

Hi, for graph with perfparse.

- Install perfparse.
    - Check "yes" in oreon->options->general opt-> using perfparse
    - Configure oreon->configuration->nagios->perfparse cfg
    - Use plugins compatible with perfparse -> http://wiki.perfparse.org/tiki-view_faq.php?faqId=6
    - Generate
    - Check that value are correctly put in perfparse database
    - Wait for a moment
    - Enjoy your graphs

:lol:
    Romain Le Merlus
    Centreon Forge
    MERETHIS

Comment

Still can't get this working..

Do i have to create the PERFPARSE database???? or do i use OREON??

If i have to create my own, what tables etc do i have to create?

Any help...highly appreciated.

Thanks
      Parvinder Bhasin

Comment

Well, install perfparse and you'll find the DB script in :
        /perfparse-0.105.6/scripts/
        Romain Le Merlus
        Centreon Forge
        MERETHIS

Comment

Graph problem...

Hello!

I did everything in this post and I get no errors. But I get no graph either

Any ideas, please?

In attachment is the screen I get when I click "Simple Graphs Renderer".
          Attached Files

Comment

Check that there's value in perfparse DB. (it's not the case I think..)
            Romain Le Merlus
            Centreon Forge
            MERETHIS

Comment

Perfparse

You are correct, there is no value.
              I think it might be because of order of actions I performed:
              1. Install Nagios
              2. Install Oreon
              3. Install perfparse&config

I will try now to remove Oreon and reinstall it, maybe perfparse will start working.

Comment

for a perfparse problem, no need to reinstall Oreon, it's not the problem.

1 - Install Perfparse and be sure at the end you have this kind of file in /usr/local/nagios/bin (in case you use --prefix=/usr/local/nagios for the ./configure)
                Code:
                # ll
                total 272
                -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 20140 avr 27 18:45 check_perfparse_version
                -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 74514 avr 27 18:45 perfparsed
                -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 63031 avr 27 18:45 perfparse-db-purge
                -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 44587 avr 27 18:45 perfparse-db-tool
                -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 54056 avr 27 18:45 perfparse-log2any
                lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    17 avr 27 18:45 perfparse-log2file_output -> perfparse-log2any
                lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    17 avr 27 18:45 perfparse-log2gnuplot -> perfparse-log2any
                lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    17 avr 27 18:45 perfparse-log2mysql -> perfparse-log2any
                lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    17 avr 27 18:45 perfparse-log2socket_output -> perfparse-log2any
                lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    17 avr 27 18:45 perfparse-log2stdout -> perfparse-log2any
                2 - Configure Nagios.cfg in Oreon to enable "Performance Data Processing Option" and select a command for the "Service Performance Data Processing Command" like process-service-perfdata

Good luck.
                Romain Le Merlus
                Centreon Forge
                MERETHIS

Comment

Follow-up

Thank you!
                  That's what I needed. But it started working in the morning after a reinstall of Oreon. It doesn't seem logical, but apparently Oreon didn't recognize perfparse, when it was installed after Oreon. Your post should go in documentation somewhere. It's useful.

Comment

Graphs not working

My graphs stopped working. The problem is, that perfparse is not putting anything into database. I selected the method, where nagios calls perfparse to put values in DB and enabled the rewuired settings:
                    process_performance_data=1 and selected the command for it: process_service_perfdata. Nothing is in my database. Do I have to do anything else?

Comment

Hi

do you have messages aboute perfdata in your nagios logs ?
                      Julien Mathis
                      Centreon Project Leader
                      www.merethis.com |

Comment

Follow-up

My nagios configuration in the database cannot be changed. When I change any option, the result isn't in the database.

Over the weekend I received errors for each time the process-service-perfdata command was run. The errors were because of bad path, but I don't know why. I wrote the command so that there were no macros and still, the command looked like:
                        $USER1$/bin/perfdata_log2mysql or /usr/local/nagios/libexec//bin/perfdata_log2mysql

I couldn't get the command to run properly. I have database on a separate/remote server, but it's working ok.

Comment

hooo strange... can you give us a db structure of your cfg_nagios table ?

Thanks..
                          Julien Mathis
                          Centreon Project Leader
                          www.merethis.com |

Comment

My table structure

This is my table structure. I think that yesterday something must have been wrong with my setup. I repeated it and it seems OK now.

Sorry for not attaching a file, but it doesn't work from my location.

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
                            -- version 2.8.0.3
                            -- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
                            --
                            -- Host: kikimora.local.lj-mlek.si
                            -- Generation Time: Jun 13, 2006 at 09:20 AM
                            -- Server version: 4.1.20
                            -- PHP Version: 4.3.4
                            --
                            -- Database: `oreondb`
                            --

-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
                            -- Table structure for table `cfg_nagios`
                            --

CREATE TABLE `cfg_nagios` (
                            `nagios_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
                            `nagios_name` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `log_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `cfg_dir` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `object_cache_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `temp_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `status_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `p1_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `aggregate_status_updates` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `status_update_interval` int(11) default NULL,
                            `nagios_user` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `nagios_group` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `enable_notifications` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `execute_service_checks` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `accept_passive_service_checks` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `execute_host_checks` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `accept_passive_host_checks` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `enable_event_handlers` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `log_rotation_method` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `log_archive_path` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `check_external_commands` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `command_check_interval` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `command_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `downtime_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `comment_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `lock_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `retain_state_information` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `state_retention_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `retention_update_interval` int(11) default NULL,
                            `use_retained_program_state` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `use_retained_scheduling_info` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `use_syslog` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `log_notifications` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `log_service_retries` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `log_host_retries` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `log_event_handlers` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `log_initial_states` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `log_external_commands` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `log_passive_service_checks` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `log_passive_checks` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `global_host_event_handler` int(11) default NULL,
                            `global_service_event_handler` int(11) default NULL,
                            `sleep_time` int(11) default NULL,
                            `inter_check_delay_method` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `service_inter_check_delay_method` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `host_inter_check_delay_method` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `service_interleave_factor` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `max_concurrent_checks` int(11) default NULL,
                            `max_service_check_spread` int(11) default NULL,
                            `max_host_check_spread` int(11) default NULL,
                            `service_reaper_frequency` int(11) default NULL,
                            `interval_length` int(11) default NULL,
                            `auto_reschedule_checks` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `auto_rescheduling_interval` int(11) default NULL,
                            `auto_rescheduling_window` int(11) default NULL,
                            `use_agressive_host_checking` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `enable_flap_detection` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `low_service_flap_threshold` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `high_service_flap_threshold` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `low_host_flap_threshold` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `high_host_flap_threshold` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `soft_state_dependencies` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `service_check_timeout` int(11) default NULL,
                            `host_check_timeout` int(11) default NULL,
                            `event_handler_timeout` int(11) default NULL,
                            `notification_timeout` int(11) default NULL,
                            `ocsp_timeout` int(11) default NULL,
                            `ochp_timeout` int(11) default NULL,
                            `perfdata_timeout` int(11) default NULL,
                            `obsess_over_services` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `ocsp_command` int(11) default NULL,
                            `obsess_over_hosts` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `ochp_command` int(11) default NULL,
                            `process_performance_data` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `host_perfdata_command` int(11) default NULL,
                            `service_perfdata_command` int(11) default NULL,
                            `host_perfdata_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `service_perfdata_file` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `host_perfdata_file_template` text,
                            `service_perfdata_file_template` text,
                            `host_perfdata_file_mode` enum('a','w','2') default NULL,
                            `service_perfdata_file_mode` enum('a','w','2') default NULL,
                            `host_perfdata_file_processing_interval` int(11) default NULL,
                            `service_perfdata_file_processing_interval` int(11) default NULL,
                            `host_perfdata_file_processing_command` int(11) default NULL,
                            `service_perfdata_file_processing_command` int(11) default NULL,
                            `check_for_orphaned_services` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `check_service_freshness` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `service_freshness_check_interval` int(11) default NULL,
                            `freshness_check_interval` int(11) default NULL,
                            `check_host_freshness` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `host_freshness_check_interval` int(11) default NULL,
                            `date_format` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `illegal_object_name_chars` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `illegal_macro_output_chars` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `use_regexp_matching` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `use_true_regexp_matching` enum('0','1','2') default NULL,
                            `admin_email` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `admin_pager` varchar(255) default NULL,
                            `nagios_comment` text,
                            `nagios_activate` enum('0','1') default NULL,
                            PRIMARY KEY (`nagios_id`),
                            KEY `cmd1_index` (`global_host_event_handler`),
                            KEY `cmd2_index` (`global_service_event_handler`),
                            KEY `cmd3_index` (`ocsp_command`),
                            KEY `cmd4_index` (`ochp_command`),
                            KEY `cmd5_index` (`host_perfdata_command`),
                            KEY `cmd6_index` (`service_perfdata_command`),
                            KEY `cmd7_index` (`host_perfdata_file_processing_command`),
                            KEY `cmd8_index` (`service_perfdata_file_processing_command`)
                            ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=3 ;

--
                            -- Constraints for dumped tables
                            --

--
                            -- Constraints for table `cfg_nagios`
                            --
                            ALTER TABLE `cfg_nagios`
                            ADD CONSTRAINT `cfg_nagios_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`global_host_event_handler`) REFERENCES `command` (`command_id`) ON DELETE SET NULL,
                            ADD CONSTRAINT `cfg_nagios_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`global_service_event_handler`) REFERENCES `command` (`command_id`) ON DELETE SET NULL,
                            ADD CONSTRAINT `cfg_nagios_ibfk_3` FOREIGN KEY (`ocsp_command`) REFERENCES `command` (`command_id`) ON DELETE SET NULL,
                            ADD CONSTRAINT `cfg_nagios_ibfk_4` FOREIGN KEY (`ochp_command`) REFERENCES `command` (`command_id`) ON DELETE SET NULL,
                            ADD CONSTRAINT `cfg_nagios_ibfk_5` FOREIGN KEY (`host_perfdata_command`) REFERENCES `command` (`command_id`) ON DELETE SET NULL,
                            ADD CONSTRAINT `cfg_nagios_ibfk_6` FOREIGN KEY (`service_perfdata_command`) REFERENCES `command` (`command_id`) ON DELETE SET NULL,
                            ADD CONSTRAINT `cfg_nagios_ibfk_7` FOREIGN KEY (`service_perfdata_command`) REFERENCES `command` (`command_id`) ON DELETE SET NULL,
                            ADD CONSTRAINT `cfg_nagios_ibfk_8` FOREIGN KEY (`host_perfdata_file_processing_command`) REFERENCES `command` (`command_id`) ON DELETE SET NULL,
                            ADD CONSTRAINT `cfg_nagios_ibfk_9` FOREIGN KEY (`service_perfdata_file_processing_command`) REFERENCES `command` (`command_id`) ON DELETE SET NULL;

Comment

I have the same problem!!
                              any news?
                              Linux 2.6.16-1.2115_FC4
                              Nagios 1.4
                              Nagios Plugins 1.4
                              Oreon 1.3 RC1 / StatusMap

Comment

Working...
                              X