Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menno
    replied
    Yes, you can load your Nagios configuration into Oreon (Configuration/nagios/Load).
    About the plugin-generation step, I can't find the 'generate oreon.conf' anymore too, but I think it is now part of the install.sh script. And gets updated from Oreon automatically because I see the file-date is from today..

Regards
    Menno

Leave a comment:

• hypatia
    started a topic Moving from Nagios 1.1 to Oreon 1.3RC3

Moving from Nagios 1.1 to Oreon 1.3RC3

I've got a runnning Nagios 1.1 install on an old server. I'm currently building a replacement server, and am trying out Oreon. My new server is running Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper). I've got 2 questions so far:

1. I installed Oreon 1.3rc3 following the Wiki instructions for version 1.2.2. Step 9 (IX Plugin Generation) seems to have no equivelent in the new version. Is that correct? Should I perform that step manually? How?

2. I've got about 30 hosts, and more than 150 services in my old Nagios configuration. I'd hate to have to recreate all that through a GUI. Is there a way to import some of my old Nagios configuration? If not, can I edit a text file directly, or are all Oreon's configs in the DB?

Thanks,
    Hypatia
Working...
X