Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web interface is empty

Hello.

I'm setting up Nagios 1.3 and Oreon 1.3. I added one host, one service (check_ping), a contact, a contact group, and a host group. Nagios successfully starts and I can see in the log alerts for the host (/var/log/nagios/nagios.log). The Oreon front end doesn't show anything though. It shows the host and service on the configuration page, but the "home" and "monitoring" pages are empty of all services and hosts.

What other information do I need to provide or what have I overlooked?

Thanks!

Oreon (apache) can't read nagios status file maybe :idea:
    Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
    Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
    Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

When you say you added (host, service, etc) did you add or enable (host, service, etc) in both the Oreon Configuration and the config files - contacts.cfg, hosts.cfg, services.cfg, checkcommands.cfg and then making sure nagios.cfg sees all of them?

I had the same problem and somewhere in the process of dealing with the .cfg files and the configuration screen in Oreon the front two pages started showing data and images.

(note: usr/local/nagios/etc is where my config files were)
      be sure to restart nagios and perhaps apache after any (manual) modifications to the .cfgs or other files.

Comment

Permissions on all configuration files and status files give apache read at minimum, for config files apache has write access. I'm not sure what I did aside from rebooting the box, but things show up in the web interface now.

So, working now, wish I knew what did it though as invariably when I get tasked with moving this from a test server to a production one, the same thing will happen again

Comment

Working...
        X