Nagios and Oreon on seperate boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagios and Oreon on seperate boxes

I was wondering if it is possible to have Nagios and Oreon existing on seperate boxes. We already have Nagios working but we would like to have Oreon so that configuration files can be easily changed. If this is possible could someone please tell me how. Thank you in advance.

I was wondering if it is possible to have Nagios and Oreon existing on seperate boxes. We already have Nagios working but we would like to have Oreon so that configuration files can be easily changed. If this is possible could someone please tell me how. Thank you in advance.
    yes it already exist two separate boxe for nagios and oreon
    you will find oreon at this site:
    http://oreon-project.org/component/o...ileinfo/id,29/
    and nagios at this site :
    http://www.nagios.org/download/

enjoy 8)
    windows XP pro
    VM

Comment

kyo, joking? ;P

Snowflake, I think it could be done, but for now I believe Oreon moves the files exported from de DB to the same server (don't know how to add another Nagios/Oreon server). Maybe you could do it sharing a NFS path between machines or something like that. Maybe you could play around a bit in that way. Maybe any of the developers could talk to you about Centreon (distributed monitoring), I believe is what you're looking for.

Hope it helps.
      [Linux 2.4.20-28.7 - RedHat 7.2]
      [Linux 2.6.16.21-0.25 - OpenSuSE 10.1]
      [Apache 1.3.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
      [Apache 2.2.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x]
      [Nagios 1.4.1+Nagmin -Production-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -PreProduction-, Nagios 2.5+Oreon 1.3.1-1 -Testing-]

Comment

Yes i think when centreon will be ok that will make what you want :wink:

Don't ask me when :lol:

For new feature, it seems that you can ask for special developpement to http://www.merethis.com who can make that for you but you should certainly pay for it. :wink:
        Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
        Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
        Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

I've successfully had Nagios running on two servers, one web interface only and one with the actual nagios processes running. Fileystem was shared with NFS. Performance was a little bit slow (NFS is not the best method for sharing a filesystem in the world!), but in this instance my server running the Nagios checks itself was so hard up for processing power that it was still faster than running everything on the one box 8)

Seems reasonable you could probably do the same with Oreon/Nagios, although it is not the perfect solution.

-Dan.
          Production: Nagios 2.5,Oreon 1.3.1,Perfparse 0.106.1
          Testing: Whatever I set up this week :wink:
          EVERYONE: irc.freenode.net channel #oreon!!! :-)

Comment

Working...
          X