A little lost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little lost.

So, after fighting back and forth I finally have Oreon installed (well everything except for perfparse, that's another story). I'm currently hitting some use issues.... The exact issue being I've got no idea how to get this sucker working.

I've logged in to Oreon and located the add host section in Configuration. I have added a few hosts to be monitoried; one a router another a server. I've also added contact groups as well as a few services to check. These entries are showing up under configuration but not under monitoring.

I am also getting quite a few errors in the logs. Here are some examples:
    2006/10/12 2:30 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Root Partition' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:29 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'PING' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:28 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Current Users' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:27 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Current Load' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:26 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Total Processes' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:25 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Root Partition' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:24 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'PING' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:23 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Current Users' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:22 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Current Load' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:21 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Total Processes' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:20 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Root Partition' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:19 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'PING' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:18 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Current Users' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.
    2006/10/12 2:17 Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'Current Load' on host 'localhost' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.

Any help on how to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bundle.

-Rob

$USER1$ not correctly set maybe :idea:
    Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
    Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
    Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

try to run these checks under the nagios user and see if they work at all.
      I usually got these messages if the checks couldn't be run, mostly permission problems (e.g. are these checks executable for the nagios user?).

Comment

Working...
      X