unable to update '/usr/local/oreon/rrd/1.rrd'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to update '/usr/local/oreon/rrd/1.rrd'

I have configured 10 hosts with graph_ping, and the commands sometimes run well, but other times gives:

Code:
    unable to update '/usr/local/oreon/rrd/1.rrd' : illegal attempt to update using time 1162580943 when last update time is 1162580943 (minimum one second step)
    Even running it from the command line gives that. Do i have to configure a diferent rrd file for each host or something? nagios.og, shows that on every host. I guess it's ok that all hosts writes to the same global rrd file, or not? I am very confused

In all case you need different rrd for every check

Maybe your server need sntp sync
    Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
    Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
    Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

Originally posted by DonKiShoot
      In all case you need different rrd for every check
      Humm, i thought oreon did this automatically. Should i do it manually? How? But, i'm seeing there is already many files on the rrd dir, so must be something else.

Maybe your server need sntp sync
      I run ntpdate from a daily cron script, should i run ntpd instead? It guess ntpd provides a "smoother" time correction. This machine only has 256 MB ram, so i am trying to cut on the daemons running.

Comment

Re: unable to update '/usr/local/oreon/rrd/1.rrd'

Originally posted by sansancasd
        I guess it's ok that all hosts writes to the same global rrd file, or not? I am very confused
        It sound like. How did you configure your check_graph_ping ? command and arguments ?
        StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
        Dons Paypal

Comment

It's the default with some minor changes:

$USER1$/check_graph_ping.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 200,20% -c 500,40% -f -n 5 -g -S $ARG1$

I changed from "-n $ARG1$" to "-n 5" and "-S $ARG2$" to "-S $ARG1$"

Comment

you don't need to specify argument for -S. Try this one :

$USER1$/check_graph_ping.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 200,20% -c 500,40% -f -n 5 -g -S
            without any argument
            StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
            Dons Paypal

Comment

ok, i deleted the $ARG1$ from -S in graph_ping and graph_nt, let's see how it goes.

oh, and BTW, many default commands have $ARG1$ on it, so it can't be that wrong.

Comment

wistof, i tried what you said, but it's the same thing:

Code:
                unable to update '/usr/local/oreon/rrd/1_1.rrd' : illegal attempt to update using time 1162857558 when last update time is 1162857558 (minimum one second step)
                The curious thing, is that it only complains about 1_1.rrd and 1.rrd when the rrd dir has 94 files! BTW, the logs show that the 1.rrd file is being for a ping check and the 1_1.rrd for a CPULOAD query with check_graph_nt. The ping and CPULOAD check commands were the ones where i took off the $ARG1$.

Comment

Make good check_command

Suppress service who are not ok.
                  Delete their rrd file.

Restart all

Recreate services with the good check_command

Restart all

Oreon should give good name to the rrd file and no more conflict should append
                  Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
                  Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
                  Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

ok, i did this and so far, it's going well.

Thanks DonkiShoot.

Comment

Well, i'm reaching the confirmation that sometimes nagios doesn't stop correctly and various nagios processes run at the same time. Yes, you say that nagios forks it self, so how come i still see nagios processes after doing a /etc/init.d/nagios stop? And after doing some nagios restarts via oreon i see nagios 6 process when the usual are 2? Sometimes the nagios process is killed correctly, BUT some plugin process are still runing and are left stale. A check_graph_ping process just went this way. I think that's why i got these:

"unable to update '/usr/local/oreon/rrd/35_4.rrd' : illegal attempt to update using time 1163519813 when last update time is 1163536230 (minimum one second step)"

Yes, doing a rm /usr/local/oreon/rrd/* solves it, but on a production server, that's losing data. Yes, it's only graph's data, but it can be important to compare stuff from days/months ago to now, or other kind of operations.

IMHO, something is wrong with nagios init.d script. In fact in the script, you can read a warning about nagios not beeing stoped correctly, there's a fix there, but it doesn't seem to work 100%. Or my setup is messed up

Am i the only one seeing this processes mess?

Comment

I am facing the same issue. I have allready tried deleting the rrd files in /usr/local/oreon/rrd/ directory and restarting, but it did not work. Could there be any other solution?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                        X