Blank screen after "successful install"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank screen after "successful install"

I ran through the web based install, and ALL said everything was fine. The rrdtools are ok, the mysql database was created, but now I just get a blank page. Any ideas? I tried the install URL again, but it will not function.

PHP 5

I am running PHP 5, but I "just" discovered the INSTALL doc says it is not supported. Is there "ANY" way to get this running with 5 ?

Comment

Your documentation is too old.
      PHP5 is supported but i think you miss a lot of prerequis.

This is a bit of my doc for FC5 :
      Code:
      « yum install rrdtool rrdtool-perl perl-GD net-snmp-perl perl-Config-IniFiles perl-Digest-HMAC perl-Digest-SHA1 php-pear php-gd php-snmp php-mysql net-snmp-perl perl-Crypt-DES perl-Socket6 »

Au cas où, pour mes amis les malchanceux :
      « pear config-set http_proxy ’http://@ipduproxy:port’ »

« pear install -o -f --alldeps Mail Mail_Mime Net_SMTP Net_Socket Net_Traceroute Net_Ping Validate Image_Graph Image_GraphViz HTML_Table HTML_QuickForm_advmultiselect Auth_SASL HTTP Numbers_Roman Numbers_Words MDB2 DB_DataObject_FormBuilder DB_DataObject DB Date »
      Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
      Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
      Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

Translation

What does this part mean ?

Au cas où, pour mes amis les malchanceux :
        « pear config-set http_proxy ’http://@ipduproxyort’ »

I am also wondering if my httpd.conf alias is setup wrong. Coild you share yours? I went from blankpage, to URL not found back to blank page after installing what you suggeted. I had most but not all installed.

Thank you
        Bob

Comment

Mean "in case you need proxy"

If you ve got not all prerequis and not be able to find where your probleme come from, i can't help more

Comment

Monitoring

Now it seems I have everything working save one thing.

I can see Oreon, login, and see my test host and even add hosts.

However, I cannot seem to make the Oreon interface monitor anything.

Both hosts are stuck in pending, and only show up in THAT state in the reporting section.

Are there any English resources I could read to finish setup, so I can begin to put my production machines on this setup ?

Bob

Comment

Are you a nagios gourou ?
              If you are not! I suggest you to "read" but you should better "learn" Nagios Manual.

Oreon is just a graphical frontend and is not very difficult to use for configuring nagios.

Comment

Not a Nagios Guru

No, I am not a Nagios guru, and I am working on learning it.

However, if I have the sample config up and running, that shows some checks, and I can see up / down status, I am unclear as to why I cannot even see that in Oreon.

Example - when making a change in Oreon, after you hit modify, there is a choice at the bottom to list or form.

I am not even sure which one of those to choose.

My hope was to get that up and running, then begin building checks in Oreon. ( the main reason I want to use it, not nagios )

Kindest Regards,
                Bob

Comment

Bob, not sure if i understand you well, but the "typical" action to make a change (at least that's how i do it) in oreon and save it to the nagios config is as this:

1 - In Configuration > Hosts (or Services, Commands, whatever...), click on a host and after it loads click on Modify on the right up corner, or if you prefer to go directly to the "Modify" mode, on the host list click on the pencil icon in the right side of the host's name (these icons could have a tooltip to help clueless people, like me in the beginning)

2 - Make your changes on the configuration tabs, like Host Configuration, Relations, Data Treatment, etc, and then click Save.

3 - At this point, your changes are saved on oreon's DB on mysql, but you want them in nagios config as well. So you need to export your changes to the nagios config, because oreon doesn't work directly on the nagios config. Go to Configuration > Nagios and choose your options there, they are self explanatory.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Arguments$

Thanks.
                    I actually finally got the locahost to show the checks that were setup.

Now ( my fault) I seem to be breaking the checks because Nagios is complaining about integers no NULL, etc. I need to get the syntax right, and this machine should be good to go. I had hoped it would be a little more inuitive ( the reson I wanted Oreon so I would not have to write code.....as you may have guessed I am NOT a developer ) :-)

Comment

Examples

localhost Current Load OK 2006/11/13 17:08:32 2d 22h 13m 7s 1 OK - load average: 0.03, 0.01, 0.00
                      Current Users UNKNOWN 2006/11/13 17:11:33 1h 53m 41s 4 check_users: Warning threshold must be a positive integer
                      PING UNKNOWN 2006/11/13 16:46:33 1h 53m 41s 4 was not set
                      Root Partition UNKNOWN 2006/11/13 17:08:32 3h 29m 57s 4 check_disk: Warning threshold must be integer or percentage!
                      Total Processes UNKNOWN 2006/11/13 17:08:32 3h 28m 57s 4 check_procs: Unknown argument - (null)
                      Nbr per page 5 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100

Comment

Add checks to hosts

I am also unable to add NEW checks to the localhost. Seems pretty staright forward, but they will not add when I create them and then export them.

BF

Comment

VERY CONFUSING

I seem to be able to add some services to the monitoring section of Oreon, yet they do not show up in Nagios Services.

I also ca NOT add services ( ping for example after deletion to either )

This is all on the localhost TEST box I am trying to master before deploying Nagios/Oreon Servers into Production.

BF

Comment

Re: Examples

Originally posted by Bob Farrell
                            localhost Current Load OK 2006/11/13 17:08:32 2d 22h 13m 7s 1 OK - load average: 0.03, 0.01, 0.00
                            Current Users UNKNOWN 2006/11/13 17:11:33 1h 53m 41s 4 check_users: Warning threshold must be a positive integer
                            PING UNKNOWN 2006/11/13 16:46:33 1h 53m 41s 4 was not set
                            Root Partition UNKNOWN 2006/11/13 17:08:32 3h 29m 57s 4 check_disk: Warning threshold must be integer or percentage!
                            Total Processes UNKNOWN 2006/11/13 17:08:32 3h 28m 57s 4 check_procs: Unknown argument - (null)
                            Nbr per page 5 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
                            This happens because you didn't configure configure the arguments for those checks. If you go to : Configuration > Commands > Check Commands > check_local_disk you see that there are some variables there, $ARG1$, $ARG2$, etc. You have to set them on the service configuration on the "Args" line right below "Check Command".

So for example, the check_localdisk command shows:

check_disk -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$ -p $ARG1$

If you wanted to set a warning threeshold of 80%, a critical threeshold of 90% for the partition /, the args line would be like this:

Args: !/!80!90 (the "!" is the separator, you need one at the beginning too)

$ARG1$=/
                            $ARG2$=80
                            $ARG3$=90

Comment

Re: Arguments$

Originally posted by Bob Farrell
                              ( the reson I wanted Oreon so I would not have to write code.....as you may have guessed I am NOT a developer ) :-)
                              Neither are most of us, nagios admins. You don't need to write code to be an admin, but configuration can be hard. You can't just scream at the machine like "Hey machine, i want nagios to monitor 100 hosts and its respectives services, all the notifications configured automatically with escalations obviously, event handlers, and all the plugin configuration by noon, k? Cya!"

Comment

Working...
                              X