Help with Oreon on an Existing Nagios Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Oreon on an Existing Nagios Install

I have an existing Nagios 2.0 install that is configured and working just fine. I recently stumbled upon Oreon, and am very interested in using it as the frontend.

I have installed Oreon properly, and can log in via the browser, but my hosts, hostgroups, services, etc do not appear. I think I am missing a step to somehow populate Oreon with my Nagios settings, but I can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks--
    Wade

Hello,

you need to import your actual nagios conf files in Oreon. check in nagios tab.

good luck !
    StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
    Dons Paypal

Comment

thanks

that worked for me. thanks a lot.

Comment

i've tried to run "oreon > configuration > nagios > generate" and i'm getting this error:
        DB Error : SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'osl' : DB Error: unknown error
        Last edited by mck; 16 February 2007, 16:09.

Comment

I have a nagios 2.7 and oreon 1.3.3 but upload doesn't work. can I import manually the nagios cfg into oreon?

Comment

upload should work, what are the error messages ?

Comment

i've tried to run "oreon > configuration > nagios > generate" and i'm getting this error:
              DB Error : SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE TABLE_NAME = 'osl' : DB Error: unknown error
              I got this error with a 1.3.3 Oreon Install too.

I tried with 1.3.2, and it works fine, but you have a SQL patch to apply after installation. Look at julio's post "little bug for 1.3.2" in the forum.

Comment

the answer is blowing in the wind, guys:

why not search the forum with the litteral error message ?

Comment

after uploaded i.e nagios.cfg , I obtained at the bottom of the page
                  State
                  File Uploading KO.

Is there a log file I can consult?

Comment

try /usr/local/oreon/log/

or else this way

http://forum.oreon-project.org/showthread.php?t=2916

Comment

Working...
                    X