No graphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No graphs

I have Nagios, Perfparse and Oreon installed.
    Perfparse is working, I can see all the perfparse graphs.

I changed my check_nt based commands to check_graph_nt and check_hosts_alive uses check_graph_ping.

Do I need to do something so that Oreon will see the data in the Perfparse DB and graph it?

Originally posted by samwe View Post
    I have Nagios, Perfparse and Oreon installed.
    Perfparse is working, I can see all the perfparse graphs.

I changed my check_nt based commands to check_graph_nt and check_hosts_alive uses check_graph_ping.

Do I need to do something so that Oreon will see the data in the Perfparse DB and graph it?
    Replaced check_host_alive by check_graph_ping is not clever i think
    Read nagios manual about how often is used check_host_alive in normal use.

Check_graph will never fill perfparse database.
    Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
    Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
    Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

Originally posted by DonKiShoot View Post
      Replaced check_host_alive by check_graph_ping is not clever i think
      Read nagios manual about how often is used check_host_alive in normal use.

Check_graph will never fill perfparse database.
      I did that because I read some posts saying I should.
      I have plenty of Check_nt commands getting disk, CPU, and memory, and those are graphing in perfparse.

I found a "Using Perfparse" setting in Oreon. I set it to "yes" and I will wait and see what happens.

Comment

ok, I know see an RRD file being generated.
        I go to Oreon Views > Perparse graphs > Simple graph Render and choose that host and service. It seems to do something and gives no error.
        Where the graph should be is blank however. It does change the number of graphed values when I retry later, but never shows the graph.

Comment

Originally posted by samwe View Post
          Where the graph should be is blank however. It does change the number of graphed values when I retry later, but never shows the graph.
          Maybe you forgot to enter the metrics/datasources in graph-components?
          There you can assign color, line-thickness etcetera to each metric.

Regards
          Menno van Bennekom

Comment

Originally posted by Menno View Post
            Maybe you forgot to enter the metrics/datasources in graph-components?
            There you can assign color, line-thickness etcetera to each metric.

Regards
            Menno van Bennekom
            I did not configure any graph-components, even for the working graphs.
            Do I do that in the "Graphs Templates" area?
            Attached Files

Comment

here are 2 different wasy i have tried checking CPU and the results from each:
              ./check_nt_oreon.pl -H 192.168.0.237 -p 1248 -v CPULOAD -l 1,80,90
              CPU Load 3% (1 min average) |cpu=3%
              ./check_graph_nt.pl -H 192.168.0.237 -p 1248 -v CPULOAD -l 1,80,90
              CPU Load 3% (1 min average) | '1 min avg Load'=3%;80;90;0;100 |cpu=3

Anything look wrong there?

Comment

I purged my perfparse DB and all it is working now.
                Last edited by samwe; 7 April 2007, 00:01.

Comment

Hi SAMWE, hope you could help me..

Hi,

I've been having the same situation as yours.
                  Nagios running, Perfparse running, Oreon running..
                  But still cannot get the graph to generate...

Could you help shed some light on below question?
                  1) where does the graph read the data? perfparse database or RRD?
                  2) How do you get to see the RRD files being generated.. Sorry, I still cannot understand where the RRD role in this system...
                  3) How do you purge your perfparse database? Manually or using the perfparse administration menu..?
                  4) what is the role of MySQL and of RRD?
                  5) Should I get perfparse to be 100% working, then go to the Oreon setup?
                  I've been following Daniel Sloan's documentation.. But it seems to be partial complete...

Sorry if this is to much of a question..

Thanks
                  Araman.

Comment

Nagios dumps perfdata to a temp file.
                    Perfparse pulls that into a SQl DB.
                    Oreon converts that to a RRD and then can graph.

I have since switched to ODS and it is much better.
                    I suggest working on getting ODS working and forget about Perfparse.

As for purging the Perfparse DB I did it in the perfparse admin tool.
                    Last edited by samwe; 24 April 2007, 01:03.

Comment

Thanks for the reply..

I've manage to get the perfparse generate the graph. But still the same with oreon... no graph..
                      Will try as per your suggestion..(ODS).. But don't actually know where to start..

One more thing that puzzles me.. the perfparse manage to generate graph for my localhost... Not for my other servers (AS400 (check_as400 plugins) and NTs (check_nt))... Is it because the of the $SERVICEPERFDATA$?

Thanks
                      Araman.

Comment

Originally posted by Araman Amru View Post
                        I've manage to get the perfparse generate the graph. But still the same with oreon... no graph..
                        Will try as per your suggestion..(ODS).. But don't actually know where to start..

One more thing that puzzles me.. the perfparse manage to generate graph for my localhost... Not for my other servers (AS400 (check_as400 plugins) and NTs (check_nt))... Is it because the of the $SERVICEPERFDATA$?

Thanks
                        Araman.
                        Check_nt does not out put the right info. Try using check_nt_oreon.pl instead.
                        Also, you need to have use perfparse selected. (options > General options > Nagios)

Then on the Oreon Views page you will see "Oreon Graphs", those only work with ODS. Under that is "Perfparse Graphs". Those should work with Perfparse generated graphs.

As for moving to ODS search the forum for ODS. I found several posts that combined to get it working for me. It was a bit tricky, but once I got it working it was worth it.

Comment

Thanks .. ODS works!

Thanks for the suggestion.. ODS does seems to work fine with Oreon..

I've followed : http://wiki.oreon-project.org/index.php/Graphs

to activate the ODS... (quite hard to google because the title is not so descriptive enough)..

Got the rrds files immediately after "/etc/init.d/ods start"... and the graphs.. for localhost and NTs (as you suggested). How about AIXs and other Linuxes.. Any specific ODS compatible plugins that you are using?

I got this check_as400 plugins.. It doesn't compatible with ODS.
                          But it does give the plugins souce code (in java).
                          My guess is, if I edit the java code to parse information that comply to the ODS (as mentioned in above link), I might get the graph for it.

Thanks SAMWE...

Comment

It worked for check_as400!

I was right..

I've added " | cpu=<cpu value>% " in the parsing string in check_as400.java and recompile it and I get graph... ( and I noticed the rrds files increased)

THanks very much SAMWE..

Rgds
                            Araman.

Comment

Post changes

Araman Amru can you please post the changes you've made to the AS/400 plugin since I have the same prob - Thx!!

Comment

Working...
                              X