• Show
Clear All

• ods won't start because of wrong path to RRDs.pm

Hi again,

I have a prob with my OreonDataStorage.
    When I start the ODS with

/etc/init.d/ods start

I get this error:
    Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at ./ods.pl line 31.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./ods.pl line 31.

It is correct that the RRDs.pm isn't in one of these folders but how can I tell ods the correct path (RRDs.pm is in: /usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl/5.8.3/i586-linux-thread-multi)?
    The perl-rrdtool is installed.

SLES 9.3
    Oreon 1.4
    MySQL 4.1
    Nagios 2.9
    rrdtool 1.2.23

Kind regards
    Thomas
    isyVmon 2.4 including Centreon 2.2, we are currently searching for BETA testers ;o)
    isyVmon 2.2 including Centreon 2.1.13, Smartphone APP, Splunk integration, Windows Monitoring and many more

see http://www.isyVmon.com for more details in our FREEWARE Centreon appliance!

(isyVmon is a product of Nagios & Centreon enthusiasts started in 2007 and is the very first ready-to-run appliance based on Centreon including Enterprise support and Enterprise features)

apt-get install libconfig-inifiles-perl

Comment

no way. the perl-config-inifiles were installed but also when I remove it and reinstall the same error occurs..
      isyVmon 2.4 including Centreon 2.2, we are currently searching for BETA testers ;o)
      isyVmon 2.2 including Centreon 2.1.13, Smartphone APP, Splunk integration, Windows Monitoring and many more

(isyVmon is a product of Nagios & Centreon enthusiasts started in 2007 and is the very first ready-to-run appliance based on Centreon including Enterprise support and Enterprise features)

Comment

Ok self solved

I thought maybe it is an option to recompile the rrdtool but before that
        I made a "configure --help" within the unpacked rrdtool source and see this:

--enable-perl-site-install by default the rrdtool perl modules are installed
        together with rrdtool in $prefix/lib/perl. You have to
        put a 'use lib qw($prefix/lib/perl)' into your scripts

the perl modules will get installed wherever
        your perl setup thinks it is best.

So I have inserted the path in the ods.pl like this:
        use lib qw(/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.23/lib/perl);

Now the /etc/init.d/ods starts without probs

Great Iam looking forward for the graphs

Thomas

Comment

another easy fix, if you are using ubuntu or debian is to do this:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install librrds-perl

Comment

Working...
          X