Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "Fast status log parsing"?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Oreon. I have successfully setup oreon with graphing after converting from Nagios 1.4.1 and Nagmin to Nagios 2.9 and Oreon 1.4.

So far things appear to be going pretty well, but I have a question? What is "Fast status log parsing"?

I greatly appreciate your feedback.

|[email protected]|e

Just from reverse engineering the code, it looks like it is a means to change the way it reads the status.log file. Currently this is how nagios 2x write the status log:

service {
    host_name=yadda
    service_description=Website yadda
    modified_attributes=0
    check_command=check_website!yadda
    event_handler=
    has_been_checked=1

Fast log expects there to be a file named status.log_light that has 1 line per service, host, etc.... so the above would look like:

service#yadda#Website yada#0#check_website!yadda##1 ....etc

To get the status.log_light file, I had to write my own C++ program to create it, and it is called from the "Service Performance Data File Processing Command" every 10 seconds.

This reduced the processing time by 2 to 3 times on the service page. I don't know why there is little to no documentation on this option. There may already be a program to create this file, but I couldn't find it or figure out how oreon intended it to work.... but this seems to work ok.

Comment

Yes, it's use to increase perf in monitoring part, but it's strange that the command isn't available. I don't use it yet but as far as I know, you have to schedule the command launch with the crontab.
      Romain Le Merlus
      Centreon Forge
      MERETHIS

Comment

Working...
      X