Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitoring hosts

Hi all,
    First off, is it better to post in English or French (je parle les deux, c'est mon premier post...)?

Can someone confirm that it is NOT possible to set up hosts via the centreon web interface? Must I manually edit the nagios config files?
    The docs are very sparse on this issue, and I just can work out how to get things started. It is really not an option to have to manually edit config files, and I was under the impression that centreon added this to nagios. But then I really can't say I understand much in this domain...
    I followed instructions for installing 1.4 on etch I found on the web and installed 1.4.1. Slightly different, but pretty much everything was the same. My problem is that in the monitoring tab I only have the two values that were configured at install time locally (my adsl router and localhost) in the nagios configs. I go to the configuration tab, hosts, and add a host, but it never appears in the monitoring tab. Should it?
    Any help most appreciated.
    Cheers
    Anton
    ps. I am downloading the vmware image (wow free.fr is slow!) as it may be a bum install...

When is everything is set up, just validate that every path, configuration elem is correctly fill :

configuration => nagios => nagios.cfg
    options => general options => Centreon, Nagios, snmp, ods...
    You can also watch your crontab and check if Centreon scripts had been added.

Then, you configure Contacts, contacts groups, Hosts, Services, Host Groups (test with a simple service 'ping' for your first try :-) )
    To submit and check this conf with Nagios, just go in configuration => nagios => export. You'll generate the files to Nagios, then start it.

Maybe you can't start Nagios through Centreon cause of a sudo disfunctionning ? Check is there is no a required tty associated to Nagios in the sudo conf file.
    Romain Le Merlus
    Centreon Forge
    MERETHIS

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I guess my problem was not reading
      http://wiki.oreon-project.org/index....27exploitation
      Is there an English version of this document? If not, I would regard that as a priority as it is a very good and complete document, and makes things very clear... It turns out it is not a problem as I speak French (I am working in Bdx) but I almost never look for docs in French (as 95% of the time the docs are better in English), and for those who don't speak French...
      Cheers
      Anton
      Last edited by antonovich; 25 August 2007, 18:57.

Comment

Can't see hosts

Hi all,

When i add hosts in Centreon, they don't pop up in the host view. i can see them in the nagios configuration files. but not in the webview. except in the reporting view. there the host is visible with a undeterminated status.

i also saw that centreon needs cron jobs. can someone tell me which ones? and how often they need to run?

my french is very bad, so i can't read the manual. or is there a english manual somewhere?

with regards,

Henk

Comment

Originally posted by antonovich View Post
          Thanks for your reply. I guess my problem was not reading
          http://wiki.oreon-project.org/index....27exploitation
          Is there an English version of this document? If not, I would regard that as a priority as it is a very good and complete document, and makes things very clear... It turns out it is not a problem as I speak French (I am working in Bdx) but I almost never look for docs in French (as 95% of the time the docs are better in English), and for those who don't speak French...
          Cheers
          Anton
          Hi,
          Did you get to resolve the issue. I am facing same issue, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

use http://translate.google.com to read the docs, it does a pretty good job overall

here is a link to the doc in question translated - http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Comment

Working...
            X