import nagios2 hosts debian etch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import nagios2 hosts debian etch

I don't seem to be able to import my existing hosts information. I am running centreon 1.4 fresh install as per the installoreon 1.4 Debian etch page. I have an existing Nagios 2 install with all the host information in the /etc/nagios2/conf.d/ directory. Running an import just leaves me with File loading KO.

Monitoring is functioning properly, but the configuration > hosts section is completely empty.

Am I missing something?

I would suggest to check all the different paths configured in Oreon and Nagios configuration and especially the config directory (/etc/nagios2/conf.d/ in your case). Debian install splits files everywhere and is really annoying doing so. Check also your database to see if the host table is empty too or only the display on the web interface.
    Système : Debian Etch 4.0r8 / Apache 2.2.3 / PHP 5.2.0 / MySQL 5.0.32
    Monitoring : Nagios 2.12 / Plugins 1.4.13 / Centreon 1.4.2.7

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.
      The monitoring section is fine, but yes the oreon host table is completely empty. If I change the /etc/nagios2 directory to /etc/nagios2/conf.d/ won't I then be missing the nagios.cfg file?

Comment

I'm not sure Oreon allows you to have nagios.cfg file in one directory and other *.cfg files in a subdirectory (Nagios does but never tried with Oreon). Anyway, try changing the config directory to your conf.d and see what's happening, Oreon needs to know this directory to write and read the files properly. If it doesn't work just move your conf.d content to the parent
        Système : Debian Etch 4.0r8 / Apache 2.2.3 / PHP 5.2.0 / MySQL 5.0.32
        Monitoring : Nagios 2.12 / Plugins 1.4.13 / Centreon 1.4.2.7

Comment

Thanks for the help. I didn't realise that I had to manually import all of my individual host files. I have quite a few. All ok now, cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X