Reporting not retaining information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting not retaining information

I am not sure if I have something setup wrong but when I go into reporting in centreon and select a host it only shows the graph for a 24 hour period. Anything before that is blank. Can someone point me in the right direction to fixing this.

Thanx

Anything before that is "undetermined 100%" for me.

Comment

I have exactly the same behaviour. Each morning, the reporting tab is showing only 100% undeterminated stats. I just have to restart nagios deamon and magically, I'm begging to have some successfull stats.
      The day after, no history kept, 100 % undeterminated for current day.
      Any clue ?
      Is there a special place to check logs ?

For information, I have no problem with graphs, but I'm not sure that the Reporting tab has something linked with ODS.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comment

/bump.

same problem here.

When i check Centreon in the morning, it shows 100% Undetermined and nothing for the previous days.

I restart nagios, the present day starts to work, however no data for previous day.. rince and repeat every day.

any help?

thanks.

Comment

Cron problem

You must look at /usr/local/oreon/cron/
          And verify your config in : crontab -l
          or /etc/cron.d/oreon

Comment

Crontab

I agree that the problem is in the cron stuff, but I have no idea where because the cron entries rarely generate errors, even if I run them manually. I have tried the following under both the nagios and root user crontabs with no success:

Code:
            0 0 * * * php -q /usr/local/oreon/cron/inventory_update.php >> /usr/local/oreon/log/Inventory_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/Inventory_log
            0 1 1-31 * * php -q /usr/local/oreon/cron/reporting/ArchiveLogInDB.php >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ArchiveLogInDB_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ArchiveLogInDB_log
            * * * * * /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_status.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_status 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_status
            * * * * /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
            Now, in the last 24 hours, the ods_parsing_log actually did show an error:
            DBD::mysql:t fetchrow_hashref failed: fetch() without execute() at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl line 168.
            DBD::mysql:t fetchrow_hashref failed: fetch() without execute() at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl line 168.
            DBI connect('database=ods;host=localhost','oreon',...) failed: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32 at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl line 39
            DBI connect('database=ods;host=localhost','oreon',...) failed: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32 at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl line 39
            The MySQL server was up the whole time; why would it lose connection? And what's this fetch without execute nonsense?

Comment

I checked my ods_parsing_log as well;

initially the error message I was getting was:

DBI connect('database=oreon;host=localhost','oreon',.. ..) failed: Access denied for user 'oreon'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_status.pl line 34.
              So i hopped on Webmin, checked out MySQL, and user "nagios" access was listed as: none, i have it full access.

Then went to Cron Jobs, and manually ran all 4 cron jobs;

checked ods_parsing_log and had the following:

readline() on closed filehandle FILE at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_status.pl line 59.

any idea what this could be?

Comment

I also just noticed that several of the cron jobs are getting hung somehow (the following is just a fraction of how many are running at once):
                Code:
                ps -ef | grep ods
                root     14988 14858  0 10:12 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
                root     14992 14817  0 10:13 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
                root     14997 14833  0 10:13 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
                root     15018 14932  0 10:13 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
                root     15024 14877  0 10:13 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
                root     17016 17011  0 10:22 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
                Any ideas? I bet this is why it's not working...

Comment

I have the exact same thing, multiple cron jobs of that looking like they are idle/stale.

Any help would be appreciated, really want to get the timeline graphing and bars working, then move to production

Comment

I had the same problem, with FreeBSD, nagios 2.10 and Centreon 1.4.2 ... Somebody has some idea?

Originally posted by jfw.ho View Post
                    I have exactly the same behaviour. Each morning, the reporting tab is showing only 100% undeterminated stats. I just have to restart nagios deamon and magically, I'm begging to have some successfull stats.
                    The day after, no history kept, 100 % undeterminated for current day.
                    Any clue ?
                    Is there a special place to check logs ?

For information, I have no problem with graphs, but I'm not sure that the Reporting tab has something linked with ODS.

Thanks in advance for your help

Comment

Check nagios rotation log system.
                      Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
                      Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
                      Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

Don, i checked all logs nagios and centreon crontabs and i donīt have any error then... You could give more details?

Originally posted by DonKiShoot View Post
                        Check nagios rotation log system.

Comment

Don,

I disable the rotation log nagios, but the %#$#@ problem still...

Originally posted by rsoares View Post
                          Don, i checked all logs nagios and centreon crontabs and i donīt have any error then... You could give more details?

Comment

Has anyone managed to get this working yet?

http://forum.oreon-project.org/showthread.php?t=5210

Comment

If anyone is having problems with this, it might be worth looking at the bug report I have submitted. Additional info from others may help.

http://bugs.centreon.com/?do=details&id=467

Comment

Working...
                              X