X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    ronaldobf

• ronaldobf
    replied
    Is there some documentation regarding the "Data processing options" numbers?

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• solver

• solver
    replied
    Try this:
    In the Centreon webinterface go to
    Configuration > Centreon > ndomod.cfg > Poller Principal (or however it is named)
    Have a look at “Data processing options”. If it is set to “-1” nothing will be written to the database. Use 67108863 if everything should be written to the database.

Leave a comment:

• fouinix

• fouinix
    replied
    Maybe a solution :
    On my Debian Etch system part of the problem seems to be wrong permissions on /var/log/nagios2/archives.
    Only root has write permission on this folder but the log files are rotated by the user nagios. So archiving of the nagios.log didn't work at all and there where no files to process for ArchiveLogInDB.php.
    After changing the permissions the reporting seems to work.
    http://bugs.centreon.com/?do=details&id=467

Leave a comment:

• jfw.ho

• jfw.ho
    replied
    I have tried the patch in my centreon 1.4.2.4 configuration and still have the problem. The Reporting show only stats from the last 'today' restart of nagios.

I have tried an ArchiveLogInDB.php -d to reload the data. It seems to be very fast. Is it normal ? I'm parsing 3Mb nagios.log file. I get no error when running it.

I can setup a crontab to restart nagios evereyday, but I will never keep the history ;-(

I have check in mySQL/ODS database: i found all the log in the "log" table.

I have check the nagios.cfg setup, the "Initial State Logging Option" parsing is setup to YES

Thanks in advance for your help

Leave a comment:

• bhozar

• bhozar
    replied
    If anyone is having problems with this, it might be worth looking at the bug report I have submitted. Additional info from others may help.

http://bugs.centreon.com/?do=details&id=467

Leave a comment:

• bhozar

• bhozar
    replied
    Has anyone managed to get this working yet?

http://forum.oreon-project.org/showthread.php?t=5210

Leave a comment:

• rsoares

• rsoares
    replied
    Don,

I disable the rotation log nagios, but the %#$#@ problem still...

Originally posted by rsoares View Post
    Don, i checked all logs nagios and centreon crontabs and i don´t have any error then... You could give more details?

Leave a comment:

• rsoares

• rsoares
    replied
    Don, i checked all logs nagios and centreon crontabs and i don´t have any error then... You could give more details?

Originally posted by DonKiShoot View Post
    Check nagios rotation log system.

Leave a comment:

• DonKiShoot

• DonKiShoot
    replied
    Check nagios rotation log system.

Leave a comment:

• rsoares

• rsoares
    replied
    I had the same problem, with FreeBSD, nagios 2.10 and Centreon 1.4.2 ... Somebody has some idea?

Originally posted by jfw.ho View Post
    I have exactly the same behaviour. Each morning, the reporting tab is showing only 100% undeterminated stats. I just have to restart nagios deamon and magically, I'm begging to have some successfull stats.
    The day after, no history kept, 100 % undeterminated for current day.
    Any clue ?
    Is there a special place to check logs ?

For information, I have no problem with graphs, but I'm not sure that the Reporting tab has something linked with ODS.

Thanks in advance for your help

Leave a comment:

• exoid
    replied
    I have the exact same thing, multiple cron jobs of that looking like they are idle/stale.

Any help would be appreciated, really want to get the timeline graphing and bars working, then move to production

Leave a comment:

• SeanFromIT

• SeanFromIT
    replied
    I also just noticed that several of the cron jobs are getting hung somehow (the following is just a fraction of how many are running at once):
    Code:
    ps -ef | grep ods
    root     14988 14858  0 10:12 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
    root     14992 14817  0 10:13 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
    root     14997 14833  0 10:13 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
    root     15018 14932  0 10:13 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
    root     15024 14877  0 10:13 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
    root     17016 17011  0 10:22 ?        00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
    Any ideas? I bet this is why it's not working...

Leave a comment:

• exoid
    replied
    I checked my ods_parsing_log as well;

initially the error message I was getting was:

DBI connect('database=oreon;host=localhost','oreon',.. ..) failed: Access denied for user 'oreon'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_status.pl line 34.
    So i hopped on Webmin, checked out MySQL, and user "nagios" access was listed as: none, i have it full access.

Then went to Cron Jobs, and manually ran all 4 cron jobs;

checked ods_parsing_log and had the following:

readline() on closed filehandle FILE at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_status.pl line 59.

any idea what this could be?

Leave a comment:

• SeanFromIT

• SeanFromIT
    replied
    Crontab

I agree that the problem is in the cron stuff, but I have no idea where because the cron entries rarely generate errors, even if I run them manually. I have tried the following under both the nagios and root user crontabs with no success:

Code:
    0 0 * * * php -q /usr/local/oreon/cron/inventory_update.php >> /usr/local/oreon/log/Inventory_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/Inventory_log
    0 1 1-31 * * php -q /usr/local/oreon/cron/reporting/ArchiveLogInDB.php >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ArchiveLogInDB_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ArchiveLogInDB_log
    * * * * * /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_status.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_status 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_status
    * * * * /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl >> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log 2>> /usr/local/oreon/log/ods_parsing_log
    Now, in the last 24 hours, the ods_parsing_log actually did show an error:
    DBD::mysql:t fetchrow_hashref failed: fetch() without execute() at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl line 168.
    DBD::mysql:t fetchrow_hashref failed: fetch() without execute() at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl line 168.
    DBI connect('database=ods;host=localhost','oreon',...) failed: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32 at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl line 39
    DBI connect('database=ods;host=localhost','oreon',...) failed: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'sending authentication information', system error: 32 at /usr/local/oreon/cron/parsing_log.pl line 39
    The MySQL server was up the whole time; why would it lose connection? And what's this fetch without execute nonsense?

Leave a comment:

• boyerf

• boyerf
    replied
    Cron problem

You must look at /usr/local/oreon/cron/
    And verify your config in : crontab -l
    or /etc/cron.d/oreon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X