Database not populated during setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database not populated during setup

I just installed Oreon an ran into quite a roadblock, there's nothing in the database, not even tables. I ran the ./install.sh script without errors. Logged onto http://localhost/oreon/ without problem, filled out the database information (passwords and such) got to the login prompt and when I tried to log in I got

Error when query the database: Table 'oreon.user' doesn't exist Query: SELECT user_id FROM user WHERE user_alias='admin' and user_passwd='1be175beb1f9c2b07fac2e2199be40a8'

Logged onto MySQL saw there was a database called oreon but it had no tables. The oreon user is there with permission the the oreon database but the database is competely empty. I recieved no errors durin any of the install process, the web portion seems to be there (I have a login prompt). Any ideas?

I'm running Fedora Core 4 with Apache 2.0.54, MySqL 4.1.11, and PHP 5.0.4
    Fedora Core 3
    Nagios 1.2
    Nagios Plugins 1.4
    Oreon 1.2.2
    Apache 2.0|MySQL 3.23|PHP 4.3

Hi Caliban,

It seems that there's a problem at the installation, we had tests on PHP5 and MySql 4 but NOT on a Fedora 4... Maybe it's the problem...
    You should execute the sql file by yourself, and put the a user in the 'user' table. The passwd have to be generated with md5, nagios_version is 1 (because Nagios2.x isn't functionnal) and user_status at 3 (Super admin).
    Enjoy :wink:

Oreon isn't totally functionnal with PHP5, browse with PHP4 in order to not have problem.
    Romain Le Merlus
    Centreon Forge
    MERETHIS

Comment

Thanks rom, I got the database populated with the mysql oreon < install_DB.sql command and then just reran the the setup on the database to create the users. Now thats working. I was able to import my nagios.cfg file and a few other .cfg files without any problems, Hosts, Contacts are all there and show up. But not services, its blank.

I'm basically trying to install Oreon over an existing nagios install to add the web configuration functions as well as graphing.

As for the Fedora 4 server and PHP5 not much I can do about that, downgrading to PHP4 would be quite a headache. I could move it to another server which is running Fedora 3 which has PHP4 and Mysql 3 and doesn't have Nagios installed. If I did that and imported my .cfg files from the Fedora4 Nagios server would it be relatively easy or am I going to have to manually create all my services?
      Fedora Core 3
      Nagios 1.2
      Nagios Plugins 1.4
      Oreon 1.2.2

Comment

It's not normal that the service are not uploaded. Do you have comment in the definition ? Because they are not managed, please remove them (I forgot this case...)

Like :

define host {
        host_name s1 // Downstairs
        }
        Romain Le Merlus
        Centreon Forge
        MERETHIS

Comment

I looked didn't have any // comments in it. Doesn't matter really I had the opportunity to setup Oreon on a new Nagios deployment and that went alot smoother. This system was Fedora Core 3 with MySQL 3 and PHP 4. I imported just the contacts and timeperiods from the other and set up the rest.
          Fedora Core 3
          Nagios 1.2
          Nagios Plugins 1.4
          Oreon 1.2.2

Comment

Working...
          X