How do you get the graphs to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get the graphs to work

Now that I have a working Oreon I'm trying to figure out how to get the graphs to work. On my main page there are a couple of broken img icons under the host health and service health. I can't seem to get any graphs under the graphing session while fooling around with it. Graph by Vission gives me a Some values are missing error and there is nothing under Graph by Host.

Under Options I have RRDToolsPath/rrdtool set but RRDTool base location is blank as I don't know what to set it as.

Any hints on what I'm doing wrong. I'm quite impressed with this program and hope it'll replace both our current Nagios and Cacti for setup, monitoring, and graphing of our systems.
    Fedora Core 3
    Nagios 1.2
    Nagios Plugins 1.4
    Oreon 1.2.2
    Apache 2.0|MySQL 3.23|PHP 4.3

Well I got a few things fixed but the Graphs still aren't working. I got the check_graph commands setup and they're creatting RRD files but all the images are just broken image gifs that are default for the browser. Both the 4 on the main page for host and services and the ones for the new check_graph commands I made. What else am I missing?

Also how do I setup the command so it'll set the right Service ID for Oreon. I had to create the check let the check run check the options then change the command to match.
    Fedora Core 3
    Nagios 1.2
    Nagios Plugins 1.4
    Oreon 1.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by caliban
      Well I got a few things fixed but the Graphs still aren't working. I got the check_graph commands setup and they're creatting RRD files but all the images are just broken image gifs that are default for the browser. Both the 4 on the main page for host and services and the ones for the new check_graph commands I made. What else am I missing?

Also how do I setup the command so it'll set the right Service ID for Oreon. I had to create the check let the check run check the options then change the command to match.
      See here for your picture bug i think :

http://www.oreon.org/Forum/viewtopic...hlight=jpgraph

For the second point about Service ID, there is nothing special to do normaly

PS: I expect that you understand me because i'm french :wink:
      Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.4GHz - MemTotal : 1034476 kB
      Centreon 2.4.1 - Nagios 3.2.1 - Nagios Plugins 1.4.15 - Manubulon Plugins tuné
      Fedora Core 5 - 2.6.20-1.2320

Comment

PS: I expect that you understand me because i'm french Wink
        No like most dumb Americans I failed French :wink: but I did understand 'up2date gd-php' and installed the gd-php rpm and now the pie graphs on the main page are working. But the graphs under Graphs are still coming up as broken images on the browser. I checked there is no libpng-php rpm I have both libpng and libpng-devel installed. I even tried compling libpng from source to see if that worked without much luck. I tried changing it from png to gif on the basic configuration without any luck. The rrd file exist I just can't get it to display.

As for the Service ID here's my problem. By default when you create a service with a check_graph_ command but don't set the -S it'll default to 1.rrd. But when I created the service, under the basic configuration of the service graph it was looking for 122.rrd so I went back to the command and added -S 122. My question is, is there a macro $SOMETHING$ for oreon which will set the right -S paramater so I don't have to create a service, check the configurations, and then go back and manually set the -S ?
        Fedora Core 3
        Nagios 1.2
        Nagios Plugins 1.4
        Oreon 1.2.2

Comment

Did some digging on the broken graphs and found this in my error.log for apache:

ERROR: can't handle RRD file version 0003
          Fedora Core 3
          Nagios 1.2
          Nagios Plugins 1.4
          Oreon 1.2.2

Comment

caliban - I am having the exact same problem as you regarding the -S parameter. To be honest I don't understand how it works. Regardless of what you choose the program seems to choose its own number for the rrd file and then you have to go back into the check and change your S parameter to match what is has choosen for the graph.

Did you find a solution?

thanks

Comment

Hello,

you don't need to specify argument for '-S' option, Oreon do it for you.
              Your service must finish with '-g -S'

$USER1$/check_graph_ping.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ -n $ARG3$ -g -S $ARG4$
              and for arguments
              !200,20%!500,40%!2
              if you read 'services.cfg', you must find
              check_command check_graph_ping!200,20%!500,40%!2!9
              StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
              Dons Paypal

Comment

Yes I got the graphs working, figured out what wistof talked about, with Oreon putting it the -S automatically. The other problem was the plugins was using the 1.2 vs of RRDtool that was installed via RPM while Oreon was using the 1.0vs that I had manually installed. Unfortunately the plugins don't work with vs 1.2 so I had to edit the plugins to use the manually installed 1.0 and then opened a bug ticket with oreon to fix the plugins to work with 1.2 for future versions.
                Fedora Core 3
                Nagios 1.2
                Nagios Plugins 1.4
                Oreon 1.2.2

Comment

The problem is identified. You can choose the version of rrdtool to use in a very soon RC
                  Romain Le Merlus
                  Centreon Forge
                  MERETHIS

Comment

Working...
                  X